Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Wide angle lens for airshows

Mannesty
Posted 01/10/2008 - 09:34 Link
womble wrote:
Some great shots there. K.

Thanks Kris. I took around 450 shots that day. I've whittled them down to 250 so far with a bit more pruning to do before PP.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Mike-P
Posted 01/10/2008 - 10:21 Link
Peter, do they have a "proper" air show at the Murcia airport or do you know of one within travelling distance?
I see there is a speedboat race round Alicante in a week or so which I will probably go and have a look at.
Mannesty
Posted 01/10/2008 - 10:46 Link
I believe there is one next year at San Javier. I went to the last one in June 2006, it was called Aire 06 (search the net for details)and was the biggest display in Europe that year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Patrulla Aguila display team. A great day out. All of the displays were over the Mar Menor so there was plenty of room for spectators.

See video.

I can't find any info on the web about it but as it happens, the tenants living in my other house are both pilots, and one is a well known British stunt pilot. He intends to fly his newly acquired Christen Eagle stunt biplane at the event. I'll get more details from him and pass them on.

My next door neighbour is a Learjet pilot too, I'll ask him if he has any info when he comes out at Christmas.

Alternatively, email [email protected] for any details.

With regard to 'proper' displays, if you'd seen these model jets flying, apart from their size you'd have believed them to be real, believe me. They looked and sounded like the real thing, only smaller. One was a Mig something or other and the other was a Eurofighter. It was a spectacular show including a display from a parashoot team and of course, Eagle Patrol for the finale.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Edited by Mannesty: 01/10/2008 - 11:07

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.