Why so expensive!

laurencea

Link Posted 02/04/2021 - 14:24
All film cameras seem to be silly prices for the most part... but you can get lucky with some bargains.
MF SLRs are quite rare, so the prices are crazy for most of them, i got a Bronica ETRS a few years back for a good price, but now evenn those are eye-watering.

My normal MF is a Zeiss Ikon Nettar, a folder that is great for landscapes and a very handy holiday camera. Voigtlander Bessa folders are pretty good too - i have Klein, which is 6x4.5 but the counter is broken, so i lose some shots (the idea of it was you wind to "1" in the window, then the counter kicks in and stops the winding when you reach the next frame).

I got a pinhole MF from Ranica in Belarus last year and i have used that more than any other MF camera in the last 12 months, mainly as it is just different and a bit of fun.

Rolleicord can be good for a bargain - most people go for the Flexes (must admit, they are lovely), but the Cords are not that inferior and later models are very good.
Pentax k100d, k30d 18-55, Tamron 70-300, Tamron 500 mirror, pentax 10-17, 50 1:4, a manual 28, some extension tubes and a bagful of memory cards. That's all i need... and a load of film cameras too... that's it, honest.

bobbins

Link Posted 21/05/2021 - 15:36
If you have a 6x7 with wind on problems this is how to solve it, don;t touch the top of the camera in any way go to the loading catch on the bottom (wind on side ) and dismantle there is a notch that stops it turning full circle file off the notch then on the face that is in contact with the film spool fit two small screws that go into the film spool at this point you can wind your film on using the bottom catch the film counter and clutch are all operational . your wind on lever just winds the shutter.
I fitted a round knob to the bottom catch for ease. Bacause the top winder was still moving the film slightly I bored out the top of the empty film spool making the camera film winder obsolete. you just have to remember you wind your shutter and film seperately No one fixes wind on faults on 6x7s it is a write off so you have nothing to loose
gtis wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:

It's very nice and ideally what I want but it's £700

Yes I know but itís cheaper than the one you linked
At £2500
Neil

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.