Why NIKON is King
Posted 01/07/2010 - 19:20
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
G
(I don't mean to include you in that "many" by the way, though I am bemused by your support for an obvious nitwit!)
In between trying to use cling film bags for carry on luggage for Qantas, I looked back to see your comments George.K10D wrote:
I think more is spoken about him that too him.
He is a character.
Regards
No, he is not. He is an idiot. His website is successful simply because so many people in the world are able to identify with him.I think more is spoken about him that too him.
He is a character.
Regards
G
(I don't mean to include you in that "many" by the way, though I am bemused by your support for an obvious nitwit!)
I'm the friendliest guy using Pentax George. I never take criticism personally.
Only the word "support" is misplaced. I do admire the guy for his ability to generate a living from his website. I get wound up at some of his comments, then ask myself why?
Back when he was trying to cut-it, he had a genuine passion and input to photography, these days, he has been reduced to feeding the masses with whatever Canon wish plus his version of Californication or Canofornication.
Best regards (put's another prawn on the barbie)
Gary
Too far from a shore.
Posted 01/07/2010 - 21:04
Link
Ken does stir some reactions on DPReview but his review of Nikkors are useful..
Surprised no-one has mentioned 'Ricehigh' - now this guy is a Pentax fan extraordinaire but slags off each new product and compares them unfavourably with his EOS 5D2
Surprised no-one has mentioned 'Ricehigh' - now this guy is a Pentax fan extraordinaire but slags off each new product and compares them unfavourably with his EOS 5D2
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
Posted 01/07/2010 - 22:58
Link
Both Ricehigh and Ken Rockforbrain have been discussed ad nauseam on every forum. Both are nitwits of the highest order.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 01/07/2010 - 23:03
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Both Ricehigh and Ken Rockforbrain have been discussed ad nauseam on every forum. Both are nitwits of the highest order.
G
Tolerance George, tolerance.Both Ricehigh and Ken Rockforbrain have been discussed ad nauseam on every forum. Both are nitwits of the highest order.
G
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 01/07/2010 - 23:04
Link
K10D wrote:
I'm the friendliest guy using Pentax George. I never take criticism personally.
Gary
Indeed you are.I'm the friendliest guy using Pentax George. I never take criticism personally.
Gary
Enjoy the prawn!
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 01/07/2010 - 23:07
Link
At least I said they are of the highest order!
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 01/07/2010 - 23:14
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
At least I said they are of the highest order!
G
It was not missed George.At least I said they are of the highest order!
G
Brings to mind the T-shirt of "Old Age and Cunning will always...."
An old farmer in Georgia had owned a large farm for several years. He had a
large pond in the back, fixed up nice with picnic tables, horseshoe courts,
basketball court, etc. The pond was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming
when built.
One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond and look it over.
As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he
came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny dipping in his pond.
He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end of
the pond.
One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!"
The old man replied, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked
or make you get out of the pond naked."
"Hell, I'm just here to feed the alligator."
Moral: Old age and cunning will triumph over youth and enthusiasm every time.
Kudos to you sir.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 02/07/2010 - 18:47
Link
Nice story, but what's a horseshoe court?
Just wish I had room on the barge for a secluded pond. Mind you, mine would probably just attract bullfrogs.
G
Just wish I had room on the barge for a secluded pond. Mind you, mine would probably just attract bullfrogs.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2917 posts
17 years
another place
The only Pentax DSLR he's held is the *istD "I have only used it a little. It's a perfectly swell camera. ".
So he doesn't understand the dials and hyper-program, like I have on my Z-1 and the K-7. However he has used the 645N and he liked it.
I think he's spreading himself too thin.
However I do like some of his antagonism to the accepted norms touted in the photo-monthlies.