why is the 12-24 so stupidly expensive ?
Posted 12/03/2010 - 14:21
Link
Ask that to Pentax.
Posted 12/03/2010 - 14:45
Link
That's ludicrous, isn't it
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!
Posted 12/03/2010 - 15:15
Link
Jacobs lists the Samsung version of the lens for 538 GBP. And it can be found used on the forum from time to time at very reasonable prices.
I bought mine here (Samsung) and I must say it is an amazing lens!
I bought mine here (Samsung) and I must say it is an amazing lens!
Posted 12/03/2010 - 20:41
Link
No - he's getting the new beastie as soon as it's available over here
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 12/03/2010 - 21:15
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Must have RichardDay wrote:
I have a mint Samsung 12-24 for sale. Will be posting it up in the Classified section shortly, I just have to take some pictures of it.
Have you finally cracked?I have a mint Samsung 12-24 for sale. Will be posting it up in the Classified section shortly, I just have to take some pictures of it.
Why would anyone sell a 12-24
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 12/03/2010 - 21:40
Link
Hyram wrote:
Why would anyone sell a 12-24
That's for me to know and others to wonder about!
Mike-P wrote:
Must have RichardDay wrote:
I have a mint Samsung 12-24 for sale. Will be posting it up in the Classified section shortly, I just have to take some pictures of it.
Have you finally cracked?I have a mint Samsung 12-24 for sale. Will be posting it up in the Classified section shortly, I just have to take some pictures of it.
Why would anyone sell a 12-24
Posted 15/03/2010 - 09:42
Link
Wait ... I thought the Samsung lenses didn't work on the KA mount - are they easily adaptable?
K-5; Siggy 10-20 f4, 30mm f1.4, 18-50mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8; Tammy 400mm f4, 500mm f8
Posted 15/03/2010 - 09:53
Link
The Samsung K mount lenses work exactly the same way. They are rebadged Pentax lenses.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 15/03/2010 - 10:08
Link
Currys even had the Samsung 12-24mm for £199 at one point. Doubt there are any stocks left now though.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 15/03/2010 - 10:12
Link
And there was the Great Terminal 5 Lens Frenzy of 2009... Amin scooped up most of them though, I just got the one.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 15/03/2010 - 11:22
Link
So http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/3557/Used-Samsung-12-24mm-F4-D-Xenon-Lens.html?... would work on a Pentax?
K-5; Siggy 10-20 f4, 30mm f1.4, 18-50mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8; Tammy 400mm f4, 500mm f8
Posted 15/03/2010 - 11:25
Link
whelmed wrote:
So http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/3557/Used-Samsung-12-24mm-F4-D-Xenon-Lens.html?... would work on a Pentax?
Yes! So http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/3557/Used-Samsung-12-24mm-F4-D-Xenon-Lens.html?... would work on a Pentax?
Same lens; different badge.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



271 posts
20 years
Stockholm
Its so daft. I could buy a Nikon D90 together with Tokina 12-24 for just a little more than the Pentax 12-24.
I really do think Pentax need to review their pricing. The sooner the better as I want a 12-24.
/Ian