Why do you need a Trioplan?

davidwozhere

Link Posted 07/01/2021 - 00:53
Being locked up for so long I needed a new diversion so I bought a really beaten up Meyer Optik Primotar 1:3.5, 135mm.
I tend to think that if something is that beaten up it must have seen a lot of use - and therefore it is likely to be a good 'un.
So far, I haven't been disappointed. The glass is very good and it all works properly.

1. Who needs a trioplan when you've got one of these?

2. You can have big bold bubbles or you can have restrained bubbles like these.

3. Or no bubbles at all, (this one looks best with a completely black background).

4. Finally, I decided to blow up a tangerine in the kitchen. I ate it when it came back down.

(No, it isn't suspended in any way shape or form !)
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 07/01/2021 - 07:34
The bokeh circles on those are so similar to the Trioplan - nicely done David, but you're not going to tempt me to hunt for a Primotar 135 like you did with the Jupiter 21M

I hope your last image doesn't start a "blowing up fruit" trend on the forum - that could lead to carnage
LennyBloke

K10D

Link Posted 07/01/2021 - 09:05
Good results. Different enough to demonstrate just what can be done through "other" glass. Almost print like appearance.

Best regards

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 07/01/2021 - 11:08
Just buy one of those new ones, they're only 1000...
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Benz3ne

Link Posted 07/01/2021 - 11:59
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
Just buy one of those new ones, they're only 1000...

Or the vintage, M42 one I bought off Lennybloke and am thinking of selling on (to fund something else)...

davidwozhere

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 00:57
Lennybloke wrote, "I hope your last image doesn't start a "blowing up fruit" trend on the forum - that could lead to carnage."

No meat = no carnage - it could lead to a few pulpitations however?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 07:38
davidwozhere wrote:
Lennybloke wrote, "I hope your last image doesn't start a "blowing up fruit" trend on the forum - that could lead to carnage."

No meat = no carnage - it could lead to a few pulpitations however?

Two tom's and a cymbal fell of a cliff...

...ba dum pshhh.

In all seriousness I loved your pun.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 08/01/2021 - 07:38

Sry

Link Posted 09/01/2021 - 22:04
All great David, but the first two are special - flower bouquet against bubble bokeh, wonderful.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.