Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

whitby in july

redbusa99
Posted 14/04/2012 - 00:28 Link
anything in or around Whitby july 13th to 20th to go and photograph, any local knowledge on places to go would be much appreciated, went Falling Foss one year when we were up but could not see how to get to the fall,the view from the cafe and path down to that was not very good,would like to go again if i know where to get to the base, thanks
odd lens or 2

Flickr
Edited by redbusa99: 14/04/2012 - 00:32
fritzthedog
Posted 14/04/2012 - 09:58 Link
Falling Foss is accessible via a path just past the tea room at Midge Hall or from Little Beck if you fancy a longer walk. If unsure which path to take - just ask in the tearoom. One word of caution - the view of the falls from the path is actually much clearer in winter - in summer it is partially obscured by foliage as it is surrounded by trees. If you are fit and a competent climber - you can get down to the base of the falls - but personally I have never felt like risking t with the camera gear.

As for places to go and see - there are so many and it depends what your tastes are. The obvious ones would include Robin Hoods Bay (better when the tide is out), Staithes (better when the tide is in), Sandsend - best when there is heavy sea (from a photography view point).

There are no events in Whitby itself during the week you are going but there are a couple in the area.

Firstly you have the NYMR classic car weekend in Pickering on the 14th and 15th - well worth a look if you like vintage cars and steam trains and you could even visit it by steam train from Whitby:

link

Or if you fancy photographing sail boats - the Filey Regatta is on the same days:

link

Have fun!

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
redbusa99
Posted 14/04/2012 - 13:03 Link
thanks for that, the car,s sound good, as you say plus a trip on the train, which we watch going up and down from where we stay
odd lens or 2

Flickr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.