which lens hood for 55-300?

Lancer3397
Posted 08/08/2013 - 11:01 Link
having looked at my duxford photos again, I've come to the conclusion that I didn't help myself when I was shooting towards the sun and had no hood on my lens.

my DA L 55-300 never came with a hood when I bought it (white box item off ebay) so what kind of hood should I get?

a straight circular one? or a petal type? or even a rubber collapsible 3 position type?
Pentax K3, DA 18-55 WR, Sigma 50-500 EX DG HSM, Pentax M-50, a bucket load of SD cards, some lights and a lightbox
johnriley
Posted 08/08/2013 - 11:10 Link
You could always buy the Pentax hood for the lens, but failing that a Chinese copy from eBay or Amazon.

http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/2287/Pentax-PH-RBG-58mm-Lens-Hood.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JJC-replacement-PENTAX-DA-55-300mm-4-0-5-8/dp/B003WWBE76...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375956613&sr=8-1&keywords=Pentax+lens+Hood+55-300mm
Best regards, John
DrOrloff
Posted 08/08/2013 - 11:12 Link
Just get the original Pentax hood (silly price) or the JJC replacement version, which is not quite the same quality but locks in place nicely and is better value for money (imo).

Edit: reply crossed with above.
Edited by DrOrloff: 08/08/2013 - 11:14
Lancer3397
Posted 08/08/2013 - 11:40 Link
got a third party one. no way I'm paying £40+ for a lens hood
Pentax K3, DA 18-55 WR, Sigma 50-500 EX DG HSM, Pentax M-50, a bucket load of SD cards, some lights and a lightbox

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo