What should I pay
Posted 23/04/2013 - 20:14 - Helpful Comment
Link
£20-25 for the non-A version, £40 for the A version I would say. The ebay completed transactions can be a guide for you. It focuses close but not really macro, although very good reversed.
Posted 23/04/2013 - 20:48 - Helpful Comment
Link
Excellent lens, possibly the best 24mm although the
Tokina is close.
Watch on ebay they usually go for about £65 - £90
for one in good condition.
I've just done a completed search on ebay and two
have been sold recently in the US for £110 so our
prices must be low. ebay_link
-
Tokina is close.
Watch on ebay they usually go for about £65 - £90
for one in good condition.
I've just done a completed search on ebay and two
have been sold recently in the US for £110 so our
prices must be low. ebay_link
-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 23/04/2013 - 22:14 - Helpful Comment
Link
It's a very good lens. I paid around £65 for mine but sold it when I got the AF version for £90. I preferred the manual focus version to be honest and regret selling it. By the way, I don't think you'll get the AF version for that price now, prices seem to have shot up in the last year or so. I think what I paid for the MF version was reasonable.
It's definitely no macro lens.
It's definitely no macro lens.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Posted 24/04/2013 - 08:21 - Helpful Comment
Link
quote:3496ace15f="johnwhit"]They're a great lens, at the closest focus distance they'll do 1:4, one quarter life size, not true macro though. If you don't need AF the manual focus one is better built IMHO, I have both.
John[/quote]I agree, I have both manual(KA) and AF versions
It is fine for flower close-ups although as John says not a true macro, and of course you have to get quite close to the subject as well. As a 35mm aov equivalent, I find it a useful lens to leave on the camera when you want to travel light. I bought the manual one second hand from SRS for £45 some years ago, on e-bay they now seem to go for £65 and up. I recently got the AF version for £60 from that site, bit of a bargain although it needed a service and clean which cost £30 odd. See below for a flower picture taken with this version last month. The MF version feels sturdier in the hand and quite well built, not far off Pentax A standards (not as nice as SMC-M lenses though) Maybe offer £45-£50 if it is in good nick?

[
John[/quote]I agree, I have both manual(KA) and AF versions
It is fine for flower close-ups although as John says not a true macro, and of course you have to get quite close to the subject as well. As a 35mm aov equivalent, I find it a useful lens to leave on the camera when you want to travel light. I bought the manual one second hand from SRS for £45 some years ago, on e-bay they now seem to go for £65 and up. I recently got the AF version for £60 from that site, bit of a bargain although it needed a service and clean which cost £30 odd. See below for a flower picture taken with this version last month. The MF version feels sturdier in the hand and quite well built, not far off Pentax A standards (not as nice as SMC-M lenses though) Maybe offer £45-£50 if it is in good nick?

[
Everything Changes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/
Posted 24/04/2013 - 08:39 - Helpful Comment
Link
Agree with the above, has a very nice OoF rendering (bokeh) as well IMHO
[IMG]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/johnwhit24/Bluebell.jpg[/IMG]
John
[IMG]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/johnwhit24/Bluebell.jpg[/IMG]
John
Posted 24/04/2013 - 09:07 - Helpful Comment
Link
Posted 24/04/2013 - 09:13 - Helpful Comment
Link
.....oh, forgot to mention, the focus ring turns in the same direction as a genuine Pentax lens, which is convenient if you manual focus. The early ones may differ but the Synchro II designation would confirm the feature, basically any PKA or AF variant, post 1983 IIRC.
John
John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



213 posts
17 years
Berkshire
The seller wants me to make an offer.
Is this lens OK for macro, is it worth buying and what do you think its worth.
Will it work on my K-r?
Thanks
Les