Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

What short tele?

Magnus W
Posted 06/02/2007 - 01:44 Link
OK. for the 645n, I have the FA45/2.8 and am not really a 75mm man, so what to go for next?

The 135 LS, the 150/3.5 or the 150/2.8

I don't mind a bit of manual focus, and image quality is important. I must confess that I'm leaning a bit towards the AF150/2.8, and then setting my next goals at the AF IF ED WTF OMG BBQ 300/4.0, but don't listen to me. Give me your opinion.

Or am I totally misguided and should instead be jonseing for the macro FA120/4.0 and the FA200/4.0

Educatify me! Theme of the evening; short teles, get cracking!

thank you -- MW[/b]
LX-owner.
spirit_of_will
Posted 06/02/2007 - 16:19 Link
Hi Magnus,

I have both the manual focus 150/3.5 and 120 Macro - I find both to be excellent, the 150 is much more compact and easy to use handheld. The macro is a serious chunk of glass and would require a tripod for all shots in my opinion. I've not done any critical testing but they are both sharp enough for my needs. For an example of a shot taken with the 150 check out this link - http://www.pbase.com/diffractionphotography/image/71986285

I have just however upgraded both models to auto-focus this week as I got a great deal buying both and am waiting for them to be delivered. If you're interested in either of my surplus lenses, send me a pm...

Will
Spirit_of_will

Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit

WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com

Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.