What settings
Posted 22/03/2014 - 18:46
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
I use the User modes already . Problem is there are only 5 of them and there's no slots left for "Aliens landing in the garden" )
So now we know the full explanation for you not upgrading to the K-3 - not only is it not good enough at high ISO, but also no "Aliens landing in the garden" Mode. Another feature for your wish list for the next model, Smeggy! I use the User modes already . Problem is there are only 5 of them and there's no slots left for "Aliens landing in the garden" )
Cheers.
Philip
Posted 22/03/2014 - 20:35
Link
ISO 200 - AV - F8 works for me
Posted 22/03/2014 - 23:26
Link
MrB wrote:
Cheers.
Philip
hehe Smeggypants wrote:
I use the User modes already . Problem is there are only 5 of them and there's no slots left for "Aliens landing in the garden" )
So now we know the full explanation for you not upgrading to the K-3 - not only is it not good enough at high ISO, but also no "Aliens landing in the garden" Mode. Another feature for your wish list for the next model, Smeggy! I use the User modes already . Problem is there are only 5 of them and there's no slots left for "Aliens landing in the garden" )
Cheers.
Philip
Actually the K-3 only having 3 user modes is a bit crap to be honest. I know they've given each mode it's click on the mode dial, but they could have provided for 5 user modes on each click, totalling 15
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 23/03/2014 - 10:30
Link
Wouldn't you use the "little green button" to take pictures of "little green men"?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
"I carry a camera to capture memories and the occasional photograph worthy of sharing"
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
"I carry a camera to capture memories and the occasional photograph worthy of sharing"
Posted 23/03/2014 - 16:39
Link
What is the green button for? I hardly use mine.
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 23/03/2014 - 17:25
Link
I use it most with manual lenses, the old kind that require stop-down metering (when you can't set the aperture on the camera and the camera can't give you a meter reading automatically). I press the green button and the aperture 'stops down' to the setting on the lens, and the camera takes a reading and sets the required shutter speed. An amazing function for us Pentax people allowing metering with these old lenses.
Also in 'M' mode, if you've made settings that are away from the 'centre correct' position, then the green button will restore these settings with one press. There are some other more obscure functions for it, but I can't remember any just now - they follow a pattern though of providing a return to the default of whatever you're doing.
Also in 'M' mode, if you've made settings that are away from the 'centre correct' position, then the green button will restore these settings with one press. There are some other more obscure functions for it, but I can't remember any just now - they follow a pattern though of providing a return to the default of whatever you're doing.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 23/03/2014 - 18:15
Link
AuraTodd wrote:
What is the green button for? I hardly use mine.
If you push the green button while holding the ISO button, it will return to "AUTO ISO".What is the green button for? I hardly use mine.
If you push the green button while holding the exposure compensation button, it will return compensation to center.
If you push the green button while on manual mode, it will set the exposure according to the "program mode".
And so on...
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7671 posts
16 years
Smegland
Its good to look at and consider the 'Memory' items in the menu - this affects which settings will be retained after the camera is switched off. If any item is not ticked in this menu then the setting will go back to a default after switching off. This affects things like ISO, Drive Mode, white balance for example - all of these can be a pain if not set to your preference on first switching on again.
I really can't be regimented enoguh to set the camera up at the end of a shoot just in case aliens land in the garden for 10 seconds the next day.
Philip
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283