What Polarizing Filter
Posted 21/02/2014 - 08:59
Link
From memory, I believe the Pentax metering sensors required Circular. Other brands - linear or Circular.
If you have a camera without metering then either - just allow for it when you use a stand alone meter or estimate the exposure.
If you have a camera without metering then either - just allow for it when you use a stand alone meter or estimate the exposure.
Posted 21/02/2014 - 09:23
Link
The circular ones will be fine. Personally, I prefer the linear ones, they seem to have more effect, although I've never tested that to see if it is true or just a false impression. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 21/02/2014 - 10:40
Link
Thanks for the explanations. looks like I worried to much.
I'll just use them on both types of camera.
Regards, Horst
I'll just use them on both types of camera.
Regards, Horst
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


584 posts
14 years
Melbourne,
Victoria
They are of the circular kind.
From what I read, the digital cameras need circular types. I have a K5, so they should do the trick.
The question is, when I want to use Polarizing filters on my Film Cameras. ( I still use them sometimes), Can I use this filters, or do I have to buy straight types?
I am sure lots of you guys know the answer, so please let me know.
Kind regards, Horst