What Polarizing Filter


Link Posted 21/02/2014 - 05:29
I have bought 5 different sizes of Polarizing filters.
They are of the circular kind.

From what I read, the digital cameras need circular types. I have a K5, so they should do the trick.

The question is, when I want to use Polarizing filters on my Film Cameras. ( I still use them sometimes), Can I use this filters, or do I have to buy straight types?

I am sure lots of you guys know the answer, so please let me know.

Kind regards, Horst


Link Posted 21/02/2014 - 08:59
From memory, I believe the Pentax metering sensors required Circular. Other brands - linear or Circular.

If you have a camera without metering then either - just allow for it when you use a stand alone meter or estimate the exposure.


Link Posted 21/02/2014 - 09:23
The circular ones will be fine. Personally, I prefer the linear ones, they seem to have more effect, although I've never tested that to see if it is true or just a false impression. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website


Link Posted 21/02/2014 - 10:40
Thanks for the explanations. looks like I worried to much.

I'll just use them on both types of camera.

Regards, Horst
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.