what do you do with a lens?
Posted 06/03/2009 - 12:56
Link
Anvh wrote:
Is it really going that way in the UK
We don't have those because we have something like common sense in our law system
...until someone decides to test a loophole or a flawed piece of legislation, and a precedent will be set. The level of greed and stupidity inherent in the human race never ceases to amaze.
Is it really going that way in the UK
We don't have those because we have something like common sense in our law system
K20D and a substantial user manual to wade through
Posted 06/03/2009 - 13:08
Link
You could build an Image Fulgurator and ruin other peoples photographs from afar
Or try focusing the sunlight through the lens to start fires?
Or try focusing the sunlight through the lens to start fires?
Posted 06/03/2009 - 13:41
Link
This reminds me that there was a little toy and gift near my home. A customer asked the owner if her four year old son could use the staff toilet. The owner obliged and a month or so later she was being sued by the mother because her son had taken an allergic reaction to the soap, nothing unusual just Cussons in a pump dispenser. The mother of course helped her son wash his hands. The shop is no loger there.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 06/03/2009 - 15:13
Link
Diatribe wrote:
but where will it end if we go on?Anvh wrote:
Is it really going that way in the UK
We don't have those because we have something like common sense in our law system
...until someone decides to test a loophole or a flawed piece of legislation, and a precedent will be set. The level of greed and stupidity inherent in the human race never ceases to amaze.Is it really going that way in the UK
We don't have those because we have something like common sense in our law system
Stickers on knifes saying don't throw at people???
Commen sence is normall I believe and if people are going to sue a knife company because it didn't say that throwing knifes at kids is a bad idea i think they should be locked up somewhere far away from other people.
Things like that coffee is hot, that egg box contains egg and that mixed nuts and raisins has nuts in it and is packed in a factory that handles nuts seems like commen sence to me or am I just stuppid.
We really don't have those warnings we do have some alergic warnings on some products but not going so far as I read here. I also don't believe that other countries on the main land have such warnings or can someone prove me other wise?
Posted 06/03/2009 - 15:23
Link
I believe it started in the UK when they relaxed the rules and allowed Solicitors to advertise for business. Most of the TV stuff goes along the lines of “If you have had an accident lately we’ll get you some money and you don’t pay if we don’t win” In that case commonsense goes out of the window and the letter of the law applies. And we all know the law is an ass.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 06/03/2009 - 15:27
Link
Quote:
And we all know the law is an ass.
I agree with you Barrie.
And we all know the law is an ass.
Posted 06/03/2009 - 16:39
Link
I'm waiting for the signs to appear at the US customs stating that aliens are not permitted without visas,
that or a sign saying 'welcome to america, may contain nuts'!
As for lenses, I use them to weigh down my bags when I hang them under the tripod.
that or a sign saying 'welcome to america, may contain nuts'!
As for lenses, I use them to weigh down my bags when I hang them under the tripod.
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 06/03/2009 - 17:25
Link
Quote:
As for lenses, I use them to weigh down my bags when I hang them under the tripod.
I use my loose change, have you noticed how you end up with pockets full of loose change, then it disappears over night.As for lenses, I use them to weigh down my bags when I hang them under the tripod.
Something to do with being married I'm told.
Posted 06/03/2009 - 19:39
Link
Quote:
I use my loose change, have you noticed how you end up with pockets full of loose change, then it disappears over night.
Something to do with being married I'm told.
I thought that was teenage offspring!!!
I use my loose change, have you noticed how you end up with pockets full of loose change, then it disappears over night.
Something to do with being married I'm told.
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 06/03/2009 - 19:49
Link
Quote:
must remember the Zenits
I just noticed that bit, Did you see the one being advertised on Ebay under digital SLRs I belive it was an old "M" must remember the Zenits
I will own up to having a fully working E once even the light? meter.
My son is now over 40 so it is the grand children now that queue up for money
Posted 06/03/2009 - 21:17
Link
Missed the 'DSLR' Zenit, shame!
On the plus side, it couldn't be worse than some canikony offerings.
On the minus side, they probably wouldn't use the Helios lenses. They can and do produce sharp results on digital.
On the plus side, it couldn't be worse than some canikony offerings.
On the minus side, they probably wouldn't use the Helios lenses. They can and do produce sharp results on digital.
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 10/03/2009 - 00:41
Link
"Common sense" is a misnomer in my experience although I agree that this labelling is daft. I had kippers the other week. The packet said: "Allergy warning: contains fish". I bl@@dy well hope so!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
We don't have those because we have something like common sense in our law system
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ