Always be kind to people

link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059

link

lxmike

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 22:05
AuraTodd wrote:
Especially if it's an old one (like my cousin) who keeps nagging. Just joking

a nagging bag.......now where will l find one of those......l better stop typing before the wife reads this over my shoulder

Mannesty

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 22:50
lxmike wrote:
I take it you are a lowepro bag fan, nice collection of bags you have

Not especially, it just happened that way. I use one of the Tamrac bags the most.

I do have a lot of bags but the only one I could do without is the Slingshot. It's OK for a very light load but still has the drawback of having the weight on one shoulder. Although the two Lowepro Reporter bags are regular shoulder bags, I only use them for storage and transport. I don't carry them any distance because I much prefer a backpack style to distribute the weight over both shoulders.

I got most of my bags second hand or on offer. The only one I paid the going rate for was one of the Tamracs. Even that was well discounted by SRS.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

johnha

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 00:26
I used to use a traditional Cobra shoulder bag but changed to a LowePro Orion Trekker in the '90s when obvious camera bags were a target for thieves. Now I'm back to the old bag because it doesn't look like it has a tablet/laptop in it (it hasn't) unlike most rucksacs these days.

If I need something a little more discrete when traveling I use a Nat Geo Explorer and my P6x7s live in a LowePro Pro Trekker 400 AW. I'd like a Billingham but I've not seen one in a shop for years and I won't buy a bag without seeing it first.
PPG Flickr

SteveF

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 18:40
[quote:I'd like a Billingham but I've not seen one in a shop for years and I won't buy a bag without seeing it first.[/quote]

Billingham stockists listed for the North

http://www.billingham.co.uk/acatalog/The_North.html

johnha

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 22:47
SteveF wrote:
[quote:I'd like a Billingham but I've not seen one in a shop for years and I won't buy a bag without seeing it first.

Billingham stockists listed for the North

http://www.billingham.co.uk/acatalog/The_North.html[/quote]

Thanks Steve, I had looked but the only two that are convenient are Wilkinson (who used to have Billinghams in Preston but don't now) and LCE Manchester (who don't have Billingham on their website).

It seems that some (most?) shops only have one or two brands of bags and most of the ones I've seen are full of Velcro type fastenings. I went to the Photography show but didn't see anybody with Billingham there either (which surprised me) but one or two had shed loads of Think Tank bags. I'm happy with my current Nat Geo bag (no Velcro) but would prefer something a bit bigger and more weatherproof.

John.
PPG Flickr

lxmike

Link Posted 26/03/2014 - 19:58
I bought my billingham in 1984 in Newcastle upon Tyne, sadly Bonsers is no longer there as a camera shop, they went bust two years ago. It used to be a great shop, in the 1980s they had the bags at the back of the shop on a row of display shelves, and then on the left and right walls in glass cases binoculars, telescopes and cameras, they always had a great second hand section, bought my first MX there. David, one of the owners, was always helpfull and always full of chat

johnha

Link Posted 27/03/2014 - 23:55
I managed to find a few Billingham's in Selfridges (Trafford Centre) tonight, quite an odd setting really. They had a couple of 225's and a couple of smaller ones, but I'm looking for more of a selection to make a comparison.
PPG Flickr

macabee

Link Posted 28/03/2014 - 06:46
I use a mix of bags, think tank and kata for my DSLR, domke and billingham for my mirrorless camera

techno-terminator

Link Posted 28/03/2014 - 09:47
My LowePro Event Messenger has Velcro - but you can cover it and just use the ordinary catch.

Most of the time I use the catch on it's own - but if I'm travelling I open up, and use, the velcro tabs as an extra safety measure
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.