Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

WG-3 and WG-10

johnriley
Posted 29/01/2013 - 22:17 Link
I see some new waterproof/shockproof/cold resistant Optios are on the way.

My W90 is starting to look quite tame now.
Best regards, John
wvbarnes
Posted 29/01/2013 - 22:59 Link
The WG-3 looks impressive with a fast f2 lens at wide angle.

The WG-10 suspected to be a cheap revamped WG-1 with
its cheaper CCD sensor

I guess a WG-2 could now be a bargain for summer on the beach while stocks last. My problem is I wouldn't dare leave my K5 kit in the villa
ronniemac
Posted 30/01/2013 - 03:06 Link
Maybe I'll treat myself to the less expensive WG-10, it could be useful on the boat!

And it looks like a nice body cap for your Q is on it's way, John. With integral pin hole lens - could be fun!

(Note to self - drill hole in body cap for K-5.)
steven9761
Posted 30/01/2013 - 10:01 Link
The one reason why I wouldn't buy the WG-3 GPS would be the choice of colours. I mean, the purple one looks a bit "girly" (no offence, ladies!), whilst I have fears that the green one would get mistaken for the fluorescent tabard I sometimes have to wear at work. Somehow or other, I don't see BA Cargo security staff accepting a green WG-3 GPS as proper health and safety workwear, despite it being a bit "hi-viz"..!!

The orange WG-3 is a sexy little number though!!
Gwyn
Posted 30/01/2013 - 10:16 Link
Wireless recharging looks like a real plus. I see some phones have that now too. I wonder if the chargers are compatible = one less bit of gear to have to take with you.

I admit I am tempted by the WG-3 GPS, as is His Nibs, who was, to my surprise, reading about it last night.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.