Wet Up North
Posted 26/12/2015 - 21:10
Link
I hope everyone is safe, it looks terrible.
We have had sunshine and record warmth all day. It seems incredible tht so much rain can fall just across the North Sea.
We have had sunshine and record warmth all day. It seems incredible tht so much rain can fall just across the North Sea.
Posted 26/12/2015 - 21:16
Link
Gwyn wrote:
I hope everyone is safe, it looks terrible.
We have had sunshine and record warmth all day. It seems incredible tht so much rain can fall just across the North Sea.
Well Gwyn , we spent the day in Worcestershire where is was 15 degrees and dry all day. Localised indeed.
I hope everyone is safe, it looks terrible.
We have had sunshine and record warmth all day. It seems incredible tht so much rain can fall just across the North Sea.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 26/12/2015 - 22:24
Link
Not that localised. Its bad across North and west yorks and lancs. The main roads through the town here are all blocked off. Terrible scenes on thetv. Dave
Posted 26/12/2015 - 23:27
Link
This is the sort of conditions we expect in FNQ at this time of year.
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 26/12/2015 - 23:33
Link
It's pretty bad in town centres such as Wigan and Rochdale, and the Irwell in Manchester is close to bursting its banks. Here, flooding is localised around a few local streams, but the East Lancs Road is closed between Higher Green and the Greyhound Inn, which is quite a stretch to be impassable. I hear a bridge in Leigh has collapsed.
The A55 is also flooded at Bangor in North Wales.
The A55 is also flooded at Bangor in North Wales.
Best regards, John
Posted 27/12/2015 - 10:52
Link
Flood warnings are posted on the Environment Agency site ......
http://apps.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood/34681.aspx?area=012WAFUD
Seems OK now it's only coming half-way up on the local ducks!
--
http://apps.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood/34681.aspx?area=012WAFUD
Seems OK now it's only coming half-way up on the local ducks!
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 27/12/2015 - 11:21
Link
Why no national Appeals? Red Cross etc. are quick off the mark if something happens elsewhere, but I've had the Devil's own job finding anywhere I could make a donation. Did in the end though. Go on the Gov.UK site and all you'll find is a note from the Charities Commission warning Charities not to breach their purpose, i.e. red-tape first.
When there's a natural disaster it impacts people. Surely it really doesn't matter where you are or whether you live in a so-called 1st, 2nd, 3rd or whatever World country?
When there's a natural disaster it impacts people. Surely it really doesn't matter where you are or whether you live in a so-called 1st, 2nd, 3rd or whatever World country?
Posted 27/12/2015 - 11:24
Link
Just like it was in Cumbria and the Scottish Borders less than a month ago. I got the soaking of my life taking photos in the Eden Valley. Thank heavens for Pentax cameras and their weather resistance.
David
bwlchmawr wrote:
Between the ages of 5 and 9 I lived in Bewdley in Worcestershire Andrew and believe me I can recall the River Severn flooding there every year. There was total devastation in the town as in all the towns along the banks of this fine river. It was far from the idyllic conditions you have just encountered.Gwyn wrote:
I hope everyone is safe, it looks terrible.
We have had sunshine and record warmth all day. It seems incredible tht so much rain can fall just across the North Sea.
Well Gwyn , we spent the day in Worcestershire where is was 15 degrees and dry all day. Localised indeed.I hope everyone is safe, it looks terrible.
We have had sunshine and record warmth all day. It seems incredible tht so much rain can fall just across the North Sea.
David
Posted 27/12/2015 - 19:02
Link
I'm on a 3 night break, surprise present to my wife as part of her 60th birthday celebrations.........
I'm in Harrogate was intending to spend the day (maybe tomorrow now) in York went and saw Star Wars instead
I'm in Harrogate was intending to spend the day (maybe tomorrow now) in York went and saw Star Wars instead
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 27/12/2015 - 21:31
Link
I'd stay well away from York Brian.
Ripon is worth a visit (assuming the roads are passable) although the Racecourse is very likely a boating lake just now.
The Cathedral is well worth seeing and the town centre is well above flood level.
Ripon is worth a visit (assuming the roads are passable) although the Racecourse is very likely a boating lake just now.
The Cathedral is well worth seeing and the town centre is well above flood level.
Posted 28/12/2015 - 09:54
Link
fatspider wrote:
I'd stay well away from York Brian
Sure will Alan, I don't think we could get there if we wanted to, plenty to do here in Harrogate, Irene will do her best to empty my pokets☺
I'd stay well away from York Brian
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 29/12/2015 - 23:06
Link
It's OK in Sheffield, nothing out of the ordinary as rain goes, but very mild. It's amazing how much difference 40 miles or so can make (Leeds / York). Might be a good time to pay Sheffield a visit!
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 30/12/2015 - 00:47
Link
Here's several from York taken on Monday with the MX-1.
Huntington Road

Foss Bank (Tonemapped in Photomatix)

Mor Music (Franklin's Yard, Fossgate)

King's Staith

Huntington Road

Foss Bank (Tonemapped in Photomatix)

Mor Music (Franklin's Yard, Fossgate)

King's Staith

John K
Posted 30/12/2015 - 09:16
Link
Very dramatic pictures JAK. Poor old York has had a real battering from the floods over the years.
David
David
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


259 posts
17 years
Blackburn Lancashire
regards, Tim.