Wet Garden Macros
Posted 19/06/2019 - 10:52
Link
Very nice shots. Lucky to have a bit of rain now it is Summer! (Sarcasm)
Everything Changes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/
Posted 19/06/2019 - 11:09
Link
Beautiful details and composition 👍
Pentax ME-F, MZ-3 RIP, MZ-S, K-1
Irix 15mm F2.4, Pentax D-FA 24-70mm F2.8, FA 31mm F1.8 Ltd, FA 43mm F1.9 Ltd, FA 77mm F1.8 Ltd, Sigma 100-300 F4 + TC 1.4x, AF 540 FGZ
Ricoh GR III
Hitech-Formatt 10% off all filters code - CIEJ10
Irix 15mm F2.4, Pentax D-FA 24-70mm F2.8, FA 31mm F1.8 Ltd, FA 43mm F1.9 Ltd, FA 77mm F1.8 Ltd, Sigma 100-300 F4 + TC 1.4x, AF 540 FGZ
Ricoh GR III
Hitech-Formatt 10% off all filters code - CIEJ10
Posted 19/06/2019 - 11:10
Link
I love these,
There is something, not sure what it is, about shooting wide open or close to it with shots like these, that just do it for me.
I do something similar with my Samyang 135mm and tubes, but not as sweet as these.
Cracking set.
There is something, not sure what it is, about shooting wide open or close to it with shots like these, that just do it for me.
I do something similar with my Samyang 135mm and tubes, but not as sweet as these.
Cracking set.
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 20/06/2019 - 12:54
Link
Thanks for the kind comments - the back garden is often a real challenge (as I've probably photographed every square inch from every conceivable angle by now), but I try to see things differently and really push myself to produce usable images. I'm sure my neighbours must think I'm a little odd walking round and round at all times of the day poking a camera into bushes and at insects, but I'm sure it helps my sanity in some way
LennyBloke
Posted 20/06/2019 - 14:19
Link
LennyBloke wrote:
I'm sure my neighbours must think I'm a little odd walking round and round at all times of the day poking a camera into bushes and at insects
No odder than the rest of us. I'm sure my neighbours must think I'm a little odd walking round and round at all times of the day poking a camera into bushes and at insects
Nice pictures. Grotty background is often a problem with garden photos, but you seem to have laid out your garden with photography in mind.
Steve
Posted 20/06/2019 - 17:13
Link
#2 is superb John, is it worth a really tight crop into the droplet with a bit of leaf if the pixels allow ?
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 20/06/2019 - 23:34
Link
Super shots John... lovely texture and feel to these... very tactile... really love 2 in particular...
Best
Best
Posted 21/06/2019 - 21:00
Link
Very nice, all three, but the third's fragility makes it my favorite.
Posted 22/06/2019 - 20:02
Link
Thanks for the additional comments guys - really appreciated! I really like the fact that the favourites are spread over all three images - just goes to show we all have different ways of looking at things
No.2 won't take a much tighter crop, but I get what you mean Chris although it wasn't my initial intent.
If it helps anyone with their macro photography (well any photography really) - I make a real effort to check the background when taking a photo nowadays, I've had so many "nearly" images in the past due to the fact that I've focused (unintentional pun) on the main subject and neglected the background. A few seconds adjusting your position can make a significant difference
No.2 won't take a much tighter crop, but I get what you mean Chris although it wasn't my initial intent.
If it helps anyone with their macro photography (well any photography really) - I make a real effort to check the background when taking a photo nowadays, I've had so many "nearly" images in the past due to the fact that I've focused (unintentional pun) on the main subject and neglected the background. A few seconds adjusting your position can make a significant difference
LennyBloke
Posted 23/06/2019 - 02:16
Link
It really is a super lens. You've shown it off well.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7381 posts
18 years
Worcestershire