Weekly Competition #70 - Transport
Posted 03/11/2008 - 18:33
Link
Hi All
Could someone plz enlighten me as to how I go about entering these competitions.. or perhaps point me to a thread telling me how..
Or am I asking something that should be obvious again?
Could someone plz enlighten me as to how I go about entering these competitions.. or perhaps point me to a thread telling me how..
Or am I asking something that should be obvious again?
Pentax K7 and K5 and several black tubey things with magnifying glass in that twist around and move in and out - to be honest I am not sure exactly what I have. Will list the proper names one day..
Posted 03/11/2008 - 18:59
Link
PeteWelshPhotography wrote:
Could someone plz enlighten me as to how I go about entering these competitions.. or perhaps point me to a thread telling me how..
Or am I asking something that should be obvious again?
In the navigation bar you see on the top of the site Could someone plz enlighten me as to how I go about entering these competitions.. or perhaps point me to a thread telling me how..
Or am I asking something that should be obvious again?
Gallery>Competitions>click on the current competition and you will see where to click on next
or just simply click here for a direct link (this week only though)
Hopefully that will do it and don't upload anything better than me now
Stefan.
Posted 03/11/2008 - 19:25
Link
Pete,
Something has changed and the 'Upload' button or whatever it was called has disappeared. I notice that the new post flags dont work any more and that when you click on a tag eg. 'architecture' you are taken to a page with the latest gallery submissions.
I really thought all this was sorted
Ken
Something has changed and the 'Upload' button or whatever it was called has disappeared. I notice that the new post flags dont work any more and that when you click on a tag eg. 'architecture' you are taken to a page with the latest gallery submissions.
I really thought all this was sorted
Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 03/11/2008 - 19:30
Link
Things change. Mistakes happen. Someone probably screwed up a line of code.
Anyway, write a report if you haven't already and I'm sure their fingers will be appropriately broken for the indiscretion.
Anyway, write a report if you haven't already and I'm sure their fingers will be appropriately broken for the indiscretion.
Posted 03/11/2008 - 19:52
Link
amoringello wrote:
I'm sure their fingers will be appropriately broken for the indiscretion.
Remind me never come work for you
I'm sure their fingers will be appropriately broken for the indiscretion.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 03/11/2008 - 20:11
Link
he, he, Not the first time I've heard that.
While in software quality assurance I was not on the 'favorite' list of many of the people I worked with. I often went around and broke fingers - metaphorically speaking, of course.
While in software quality assurance I was not on the 'favorite' list of many of the people I worked with. I often went around and broke fingers - metaphorically speaking, of course.
Posted 04/11/2008 - 11:58
Link
amoringello wrote:
he, he, Not the first time I've heard that.
While in software quality assurance I was not on the 'favorite' list of many of the people I worked with. I often went around and broke fingers - metaphorically speaking, of course.
If I look at some pieces of software I wonder if breaking some necks would be more appropriatehe, he, Not the first time I've heard that.
While in software quality assurance I was not on the 'favorite' list of many of the people I worked with. I often went around and broke fingers - metaphorically speaking, of course.
As a friend of mine used to say:
Most problems in an organisation of any kind could be solved by five bullets. (I think he wasn't meaning that metaphorical at all...)
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 04/11/2008 - 13:59
Link
[quote:3496ace15f="Prieni]
As a friend of mine used to say:
Most problems in an organisation of any kind could be solved by five bullets.
Prieni[/quote]Wow That would be half the office gone.
As a friend of mine used to say:
Most problems in an organisation of any kind could be solved by five bullets.
Prieni[/quote]Wow That would be half the office gone.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 04/11/2008 - 15:10
Link
We'd get away with 4
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 04/11/2008 - 15:55
Link
amoringello wrote:
he, he, Not the first time I've heard that.
While in software quality assurance I was not on the 'favorite' list of many of the people I worked with. I often went around and broke fingers - metaphorically speaking, of course.
Oh no not another one - the Bill Payer is in QA too. First as an auditor but now as the (contracted) in-house expert.
he, he, Not the first time I've heard that.
While in software quality assurance I was not on the 'favorite' list of many of the people I worked with. I often went around and broke fingers - metaphorically speaking, of course.
Posted 04/11/2008 - 16:27
Link
Gwyn wrote:
It is difficult to imagine that anyone would own up to working in QA
amoringello wrote:
he, he, Not the first time I've heard that.
While in software quality assurance I was not on the 'favorite' list of many of the people I worked with. I often went around and broke fingers - metaphorically speaking, of course.
Oh no not another one - the Bill Payer is in QA too. First as an auditor but now as the (contracted) in-house expert.he, he, Not the first time I've heard that.
While in software quality assurance I was not on the 'favorite' list of many of the people I worked with. I often went around and broke fingers - metaphorically speaking, of course.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 05/11/2008 - 18:13
Link
Great range of transportation devices already this week
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



18 posts
18 years
Good luck, and I will try and be prompt with judging.
Dave