Weekly #309 Discussion - Together
Posted 13/06/2013 - 15:38
Link
John - the main reason why I don't submit to the compo's are that I don't think my efforts are up to the standards that so many other set. That said, I did upload one, so fingers crossed!!
Posted 13/06/2013 - 15:53
Link
It's intended to be part of the learning and improving process, not just about winning. I don't win very often, but I keep entering.
It really doesn't matter what standard we think we are - it's a good experience to see what the judge thinks and what others can get out of what we produce.
It really doesn't matter what standard we think we are - it's a good experience to see what the judge thinks and what others can get out of what we produce.
Best regards, John
Posted 15/06/2013 - 16:39
Link
I know a couple of PUF members who've told me they don't enter the competitions in case they win. They didn't feel confident setting and judging the next competition.
My view is that judging a competition teaches you an awful lot about looking at photographs. To judge you have to study the entries carefully and analyse what's good and not so good about them. And that makes you study your own pictures more carefully.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
My view is that judging a competition teaches you an awful lot about looking at photographs. To judge you have to study the entries carefully and analyse what's good and not so good about them. And that makes you study your own pictures more carefully.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Posted 15/06/2013 - 17:18
Link
davidtrout wrote:
I know a couple of PUF members who've told me they don't enter the competitions in case they win. They didn't feel confident setting and judging the next competition.
My view is that judging a competition teaches you an awful lot about looking at photographs. To judge you have to study the entries carefully and analyse what's good and not so good about them. And that makes you study your own pictures more carefully.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Spot on there David I was one of them The first time is always the the most scary too
I know a couple of PUF members who've told me they don't enter the competitions in case they win. They didn't feel confident setting and judging the next competition.
My view is that judging a competition teaches you an awful lot about looking at photographs. To judge you have to study the entries carefully and analyse what's good and not so good about them. And that makes you study your own pictures more carefully.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24424 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester
Maybe newer members aren't au fait with these competitions yet. In both cases the person who sets the competitions judges them and the winner sets the next one, and so on.
Weekly competitions are open to images of any age. Monthlies require the images to be shot that month. In all cases must be Pentax images. This will include the Samsung DSLR clones and the Ricoh GR, all Pentax derived in one way or another.
Together seems a very accessible subject, so let's get those images in please!