Wedding shots at last!

Unlocker
Posted 05/08/2008 - 02:22 Link
Haven't had a proper chance to sort through all the shots yet, but having shot in both RAW & a 2MP JPG, thought I would just grab a couple of favourite shots out of the Jpegs, no pp yet, to see what you think. Lots of wheat to sort from the chaff yet, but I do like these ones, C&C appreciated please. Think they were both K20D and DA* 16-50.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image
hefty1
Posted 05/08/2008 - 10:56 Link
Well I think numbers 1 and 3 are nice photos but the happy couple are a little dwarfed by the backgrounds. Usually with wedding photos the crop tends to be heavier on the subject (bride and groom in these cases) - that's not to say these are wrong, just a little unusual as wedding photos go.

Picture 2 on the other hand has a great composition but unfortunate shadows cast across both faces - could really have done with flash and/or a reflector here methinks.

Still, not bad for a first effort - it's all good practice!
Joining the Q
Unlocker
Posted 05/08/2008 - 12:11 Link
Was kinda on orders for those though! Because the main school had scaffolding out the front, the bride wanted a lot of shots of the grounds as well because of missing out on the shots she wanted.

Also she wanted shots that the photographer wasn't doing, but as you say, definately good practice! (and I did put these up whilst drunk last night!)

I'm thinking it's possible to remove the shadows? Is it called dodge & burn? Sure someone will enlighten me! Sure I used flash on that one as well, but must have turned it off because the sun came out for once! Oh well, lesson learned!
Posted 06/08/2008 - 07:32 Link
Photo nr 3 is very nice.

I've never use a digital camera on a wedding in church before. Pentacon Six and few lenses only
Here is example:
Comment Image
Posted 06/08/2008 - 07:45 Link
I'm joking! Of course that I use digital camera but I try to use something else everytime to show people something else you know what I mean.
Mannesty
Posted 06/08/2008 - 08:48 Link
On my (calibrated) monitor, your shots look a tad dark Danny. Slight underexposure I think. Good first effort though, well done.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo