Waterspots?

Classvino

Link Posted 08/09/2008 - 22:53
My 9 year old daughter has expressed an interest in photography, so I gave her my "pocket" camera, an Optio M40 to 'play' with at a wedding on the weekend.

Out of 175 shots she took in about 40 minutes most were blurry or snaps of people's backs (fairly dark in the room, onboard flash weak, shuter lag attrocious in those conditions...) but a few turned out remarkably well. All in all, probably better than I did on my first couple tries...

But - I noticed a strange effect showing up on some of the photos... At first, I assumed the lens had water apots, or something to that effect, but it was clean and shots taken before and after the posted sample are fine. This happens on about 25 shots or so... Am I correct that it's just some weird kind of lens flare - they were running some funky multi-coloured disco light whatsit...

Cant get the hang of this image post thing...

Text link - maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong...

http://picasaweb.google.com/JDCairns/Waterspots#5243769949110917650
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
Last Edited by Classvino on 08/09/2008 - 22:56

Mannesty

Link Posted 03/10/2008 - 08:19
The link needs to end in .JPG for an image to show. There is a sticky which explains all I believe.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

gartmore

Link Posted 03/10/2008 - 09:24
It is quite common to have orbs of ectoplasm in indoor pictures taken with point and shoots. Airborne particles of dust are being illuminated by the flash.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

fatspider

Link Posted 03/10/2008 - 13:51
gartmore wrote:
It is quite common to have orbs of ectoplasm in indoor pictures taken with point and shoots. Airborne particles of dust are being illuminated by the flash.

Err! I take this to mean that the partygoers were in "high spirits"
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.