watermarking

johnha
Posted 26/06/2013 - 23:37 Link
I started watermarking (horridly) way back (along with smallish 400x250 images - relative to the then available screen resolutions), but when EXIF arrived with digital I stopped using them. An example: link

Recently I've started to shoot more film and have gone back to adding them more subtly to my film scans on flickr (partly in response to the changes in copyright law). I limit images to 800px (longest side) but leave the jpeg compression reasonable. It's not going to stop anyone from stealing any images but I don't think they get in the way too much and I'm happier that I've tried to assert my rights to some extent.

The current web-generation often believe anything on the web is public domain and therefore fair game, whether it be images, music, video, homework, source code etc...

John.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo