Water drops

bassman
Posted 20/12/2012 - 15:14 Link
It was raining today so I thought I would have a go at some water drop pictures.K-5/Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX DG/Sigma EM-140 DG Manual focus on a Gitzo 1348 tripod.
Comment Image

Water drops by Gary Chalker, on Flickr
Comment Image

Water drops by Gary Chalker, on Flickr
Comment Image

Water drops by Gary Chalker, on Flickr
Comment Image

Water drops by Gary Chalker, on Flickr
Comment Image

Water drops by Gary Chalker, on Flickr
Father Ted
Posted 20/12/2012 - 15:48 Link
I love the sharpness in the first 3.
I must give this a go again over Christmas, my results are nowhere near this!
What shutter speed where you using.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
bassman
Posted 20/12/2012 - 16:13 Link
Father Ted wrote:
I love the sharpness in the first 3.
I must give this a go again over Christmas, my results are nowhere near this!
What shutter speed where you using.
Thanks Ted.
1/180,f16
bassman
Posted 20/12/2012 - 17:50 Link
Two more.
Comment Image

Water drops by Gary Chalker, on Flickr
Comment Image

Water Drop by Gary Chalker, on Flickr
SteveEveritt
Posted 20/12/2012 - 18:28 Link
Love the last one, you have a lot of patience Gaz.
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
bassman
Posted 20/12/2012 - 18:47 Link
SteveEveritt wrote:
Love the last one, you have a lot of patience Gaz.
Cheers Steve, only took about 10 Min's,the hardest bit was getting the drops in the right place.I was holding an eye dropper about 6ins above a glass dish and firing the shutter via a cable release with the other hand.
SteveEveritt
Posted 20/12/2012 - 19:05 Link
Try it with paint one day, a friend of mine does with some spectacular results. link

He stretches a balloon across a speaker and plays music to make the paint "dance". Makes a mess of the Siggy 105 but hey ho you have to get the shot at all costs don't you?
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Stuey
Posted 20/12/2012 - 19:46 Link
Nice shots
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Snootchies
Posted 21/12/2012 - 09:50 Link
Great results Gary. Tempted to do some of this myself...
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo