Warbirds at North Weald

pentaxian450
Posted 28/05/2010 - 09:57 Link
Greytop wrote:
pentaxian450 wrote:


Did you ever hear a Lockheed P-38 Lightning at full throttle for take-off?

That would make you forget the Griffon. The P-38 has two "Americanized" Merlin built by Packard. You hear that once and you never forget it.
I thought the discussion was about Spitfires (and Seafires)
But I guess yes the P-38 would sound nice, not quite as majestic as a Lancaster on take off though
Quite right. Four Merlin engines wide open is something to remember forever.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
RobE17
Posted 28/05/2010 - 13:37 Link
Thanks for all of your comments

I wasn't too sure about the Tamron 17-50 when I first bought it but I'm pleased with the results and it's so compact and light for a F2.8 lens.

Nice to see you around Huw

Rob

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo