Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Wanted lens hood

techno-terminator
Posted 05/04/2014 - 14:43 Link
OK story first - I'm trying to sort out my camera stuff .

Bought the Pentax DA 50 F l1.8 a short time ago to accompany the little 35mm plastic lens

Coming later this year is the 18-135 WR

Right = thanks to Gartmore I now have a nice little metal hood for the 35mm and I'm looking for a hood for the 50mm - Pentax say it should be the RH-RA52 - BUT can't find one

Does anyone have a surplus to requirements screw on hood for my lovely little 50mm ?

I do not argue about price if it's what I want and need - well- not as long as I can afford it
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
ambient housewife
Posted 05/04/2014 - 16:08 Link
Another PM sent
techno-terminator
Posted 07/04/2014 - 07:48 Link
My problem is solved .

I was warned to be careful with hoods for the Pentax 50mm some are 49mm filters - others aren't. I needed a hood for the 52 mm filter size.

Since I'm not in a desperate rush - I'll be picking it up in the USA when I'm over - a B+W rubber hood Not quite as cheap as some of the ones on E-bay - but it's still very cheap compared with prices over here.

Have to admit though - with the cost of shipping etc I would not have dreamt of getting it from the USA normally - but since I'll be over - well .......

Gamka
Posted 07/04/2014 - 11:52 Link
techno-terminator wrote:

Bought the Pentax DA 50 F l1.8 a short time ago to accompany the little 35mm plastic lens

... and I'm looking for a hood for the 50mm - Pentax say it should be the RH-RA52 - BUT can't find one

According to the Ricoh-Pentax website that should be an RH-RA5

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/lens/k/telephoto/smcpentax-da50/

The Japanese webstore has them!
Aero
Posted 07/04/2014 - 12:51 Link
Seems rather bizarre that the Ricoh Japan website accompanies details for the RH-RA52 with a rectangle saying "sorry, no picture". Perhaps they didn't have a camera to hand.
techno-terminator
Posted 07/04/2014 - 15:33 Link
Gamka wrote:
techno-terminator wrote:

... and I'm looking for a hood for the 50mm - Pentax say it should be the RH-RA52 - BUT can't find one

According to the Ricoh-Pentax website that should be an RH-RA5

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/lens/k/telephoto/smcpentax-da50/

The Japanese webstore has them!

That's odd -' cos when I got the actual products catalogue from Pentax Ricoh uk site it gives it as the SMC DA 50mm f1.8 and if you scroll very carefully down lens hood is marked as RH-RA52.

Clearly you pays your money and you takes your choice .

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.