WANTED: ultra wide lens

dml82
Posted 20/01/2010 - 17:46 Link
Just missed a sale of a Samsung lens. If anyone else is pondering a sale of their ultra wide let me know the details...
Mannesty
Posted 20/01/2010 - 17:52 Link
How wide is ultra-wide? What is it you are looking for?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
dml82
Posted 20/01/2010 - 17:56 Link
something to allow me to get wider and better quality shots than the 18-55mm WR kit lens really.

ideally the pentax 12-24mm f4 or the sigma 10-20mm, but open to all suggestions...
Mannesty
Posted 20/01/2010 - 18:03 Link
Either of those is excellent. My preference is the Pentax lens. If you like the fisheye perspective, consider the Pentax 10-17mm lens also.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
chris_jl
Posted 20/01/2010 - 18:19 Link
dml82 wrote:
something to allow me to get wider and better quality shots than the 18-55mm WR kit lens really.

ideally the pentax 12-24mm f4 or the sigma 10-20mm, but open to all suggestions...
I've just ordered from SRS the 10-20 Sigma EX DC HSM f3.5 - it's on sale at the mo. A steal for the price. I can also recc the Pentax 14mm DA - very nice glass.

Chris
Posted 20/01/2010 - 18:52 Link
For a cheaper option you could look at the Zenitar 16mm f2.8 fisheye. I have one and I am really pleased. Got mine on ebay shipped from Russia.
Pentax K-30, Pentax K-m, Pentax 18-55mm DAL, Pentax 50-200mm DAL, Pentax SMC DA 35mm f/2.8, Tamron AF 70-300mm Di LD, Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm f2, Sigma 18-125mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Pentax FA 50mm 1.7
mikew
Posted 20/01/2010 - 19:34 Link
Got any samples you can post as I can't see how a full frame 16mm fisheye would be very effective on an APS sensor so I'd love to be proved wrong!

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
geclinke
Posted 20/01/2010 - 20:03 Link
I took this with a 15mm full-frame Sigma fisheye. I "un-fished" it in PTLens.
Comment Image


I am looking to sell the lens - it's a Sigma EX 15mm f2.8 Fisheye. Note, it's not the DX version so is full frame. I'd be interested if anyone had any idea how much it was worth - it's in pretty much mint condition, with padded case and boxed.
k5, 50mm FA, 18-55mm Kit, 50-200mm DA, 15mm Fisheye Sigma, 10-17mm DA Fisheye, 18-55mm DA WR, DA* 60-250, DA* 16-50
mikew
Posted 20/01/2010 - 20:05 Link
Can't see the point of un fishing a fisheye - what's it like before? Do you have any examples as I could on a bad day be tempted.
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
geclinke
Posted 20/01/2010 - 20:14 Link
Here you go, this was the unprocessed image;

Comment Image


Not a great deal of difference....
k5, 50mm FA, 18-55mm Kit, 50-200mm DA, 15mm Fisheye Sigma, 10-17mm DA Fisheye, 18-55mm DA WR, DA* 60-250, DA* 16-50
mikew
Posted 20/01/2010 - 22:24 Link
Not as extreme as I perhaps optimistically would hope for. I had the use of the Pentax 10-17 for a short while and it seems much more outrageous
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
brightstone
Posted 20/01/2010 - 22:35 Link
I am considering to part with my sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6. PM me if you are interested. optically perfect, only minor wears around barrel, always used with a UV filter, original box, bag and caps..
Pentax K-5: Pentax Da 12-24mm + DA17-70mm+ DA*50-135mm + DA55-300mm + FA 28mm + FA35mm + FA77mmltd
in search for Pentax MF optics
Posted 21/01/2010 - 21:45 Link
This is the only one I have on Photobucket. I was playing around with my first hdr. The Zenitar doesn't look that extreme on this shot but compared to my 18-55mm kit lens there is a big difference. The lens is available for £125 new on ebay.

Oh it is very slightly cropped as well.

[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Canal-HDR.jpg[/IMG]
Pentax K-30, Pentax K-m, Pentax 18-55mm DAL, Pentax 50-200mm DAL, Pentax SMC DA 35mm f/2.8, Tamron AF 70-300mm Di LD, Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm f2, Sigma 18-125mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Pentax FA 50mm 1.7
Edited by Lennardinio: 21/01/2010 - 21:46
dml82
Posted 22/01/2010 - 10:21 Link
thanks all for input

brightstone - pm sent
brightstone
Posted 22/01/2010 - 16:51 Link
PM replied
Pentax K-5: Pentax Da 12-24mm + DA17-70mm+ DA*50-135mm + DA55-300mm + FA 28mm + FA35mm + FA77mmltd
in search for Pentax MF optics

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo