Wanted: Pentax 645 75mm 2.5

doubled

Link Posted 09/02/2020 - 08:20
Hi all,

Looking for a 75mm 2.8 for my 645 and just wondered if anyone has one for sale? Don't really mind either the A or FA version, I guess depends on price and condition.
Please get in touch if you have one you want to part with!

Thanks guys,
D

Melan36

Link Posted 13/03/2020 - 09:42
Pentax 645 75mm 2.5 for sale. if you still want to buy reply directly to my email : melania_law_200@hotmail.com

Defragged

Link Posted 13/03/2020 - 20:18
doubled wrote:
Hi all,

Looking for a 75mm 2.8 for my 645 and just wondered if anyone has one for sale? Don't really mind either the A or FA version, I guess depends on price and condition.
Please get in touch if you have one you want to part with!

Thanks guys,
D

Sent you a PM.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 14/03/2020 - 15:45
FYI if you have an original 645 with no AF then I'd recommend the A version of the lens, it's significantly better built than the FA. Optically they're the same.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

doubled

Link Posted 14/03/2020 - 18:01
Thanks for the info Jonathan. I'm using a 645N body, so I guess AF would be nice but not necessary. To be honest, I've only used FA lenses on the body so far, so I'm not sure how it would perform with an A lens.

Does it work pretty much like using an A-lens on a body like an MZ-5N? i.e. Full PASM exposure modes but MF only with focus confirm?

Cheers,
D

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 15/03/2020 - 08:41
doubled wrote:
Thanks for the info Jonathan. I'm using a 645N body, so I guess AF would be nice but not necessary. To be honest, I've only used FA lenses on the body so far, so I'm not sure how it would perform with an A lens.

Does it work pretty much like using an A-lens on a body like an MZ-5N? i.e. Full PASM exposure modes but MF only with focus confirm?

Cheers,
D

I've not used the N but I assume it's exactly like the original 645 just with AF, and therefore works in the same way as the first range of 35mm SLRs designed to use the A lenses. You'll have access to all the PASM modes. The depth of field preview is mechanical and only really works when using the aperture ring off the A setting (otherwise it will fully stop down the aperture to f/22 or whatever is smallest).

In my case I found an FA for the normal price of the A, so I got it, but when I found a good deal on the A I got that too and decided to sell the FA (for a profit). The viewfinder on the 645 is so big and clear that manual focusing is a breeze. The A will usually cost less than the FA so you'll save some money going for the former if you really don't want AF.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.