Wanted: P-TTL Flash w/ Tilt & Swivel

mdc
Posted 27/10/2011 - 20:38 Link
Well it would see I've been dragged somewhat unexpectedly into the world of gig photography, and after spending a total of 14 hours in two days dicking around with manual settings trying to get usable shots from an old Starblitz 3200BT Twin, with limited manual control over power, and without a decent/reliable surface to bounce the light off, I've decided to bite the bullet and get myself a P-TTL flash.

At the moment I'm looking at one of those Tumax rebrands on eBay, going for around £85, but I thought I'd ask on here and see if anyone had anything else which might fit the bill (Sigma 530, an older Metz, something like that).
bychan
Posted 27/10/2011 - 20:51 Link
Used Metz 48 at SRS - £99

link
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
cabstar
Posted 27/10/2011 - 21:00 Link
Metz 48 is ideal for gig photography tilt n swivel high output variable and built to last. Mine still working after 2 years and who knows how many gigs...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
mdc
Posted 27/10/2011 - 22:17 Link
Hmmmm, looks like a good option... if nobody else has any better suggestions/offers I'll probably go for that.
seaside
Posted 28/10/2011 - 09:42 Link
I've also used a Metz 48 for a while and it's been a fine servant. I think £99 is a pretty good price, especially as you'll get 6 months warranty (I think the last one on here went for about £120).
chrissinkpen
Posted 28/10/2011 - 10:26 Link
bychan wrote:
Used Metz 48 at SRS - £99

link
Although still listed,this item has been sold.I would have purchased it.
Regards

Chris
mdc
Posted 29/10/2011 - 02:03 Link
Purchased by me!

Thanks bychan!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo