Wanted: Focusing screen for K20D (swap for K mount adapter)
Posted 16/01/2013 - 11:35
Link
I thought along the same lines, and went for a split-image screen from Tmart.
It took three weeks to arrive(including Christmas)and about an hour to fit.
Don't be put off by the "hour to fit", - my MS has given me a tremor in one hand, that makes fine jobs a bit trying.
The screen came in a neat case, both sides film covered, cleaning cloth, two pairs of tweezers. It came really cheap:
http://www.tmart.com/Split-Image-Focus-Screen-for-Pentax-K10-K20-K100_p126992.ht...
Initial tests look like it works really good, and a touch more precise than the focus indicator in the viewfinder. The only thing that I have noted so far, is a shift in focus with a zoom lens when using the zoom (not surprising, really).
It seems like a good way to get some fast glass onto my K20 without talking to the bank manager - An M series50mm f1.4 makes the K20 real handy.
Tmart have some other goodies that I may have to try later on - depends on the MS and the eyesight.
Geoff
It took three weeks to arrive(including Christmas)and about an hour to fit.
Don't be put off by the "hour to fit", - my MS has given me a tremor in one hand, that makes fine jobs a bit trying.
The screen came in a neat case, both sides film covered, cleaning cloth, two pairs of tweezers. It came really cheap:
http://www.tmart.com/Split-Image-Focus-Screen-for-Pentax-K10-K20-K100_p126992.ht...
Initial tests look like it works really good, and a touch more precise than the focus indicator in the viewfinder. The only thing that I have noted so far, is a shift in focus with a zoom lens when using the zoom (not surprising, really).
It seems like a good way to get some fast glass onto my K20 without talking to the bank manager - An M series50mm f1.4 makes the K20 real handy.
Tmart have some other goodies that I may have to try later on - depends on the MS and the eyesight.
Geoff
Water can wear away a stone - but it can't cook lunch
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...
Posted 16/01/2013 - 12:21
Link
Thanks for advice Geoff. They really are cheap. I will deffo consider this option. In meantime if someone has anything else on offer then please let me know.
Thanks
Thanks
Posted 17/01/2013 - 11:52
Link
Ok I know a bit better what I want now, either original Pentax LL-60 screen (Pentax istD) or model k3 from Focusingscreen.com
Thanks.
Thanks.
Posted 18/01/2013 - 22:58
Link
weekend bump. looking for LL-60 or K3 screen.
Posted 13/11/2013 - 07:40
Link
I am not sure if the online stores can help you some, but i really got some good electronic products and some cameras with low price.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


258 posts
16 years
Glasgow
I was playing with some manual lenses (50mm Helios and Pentax) and generally I love the idea of using them, but I get very poor proportion of sharp photos. To the point that I am considering abandoning the whole manual business. Before I do this however, I would like to try a focusing screen, to see if this helps.
Is there anyone willing to let one go?
At the moment I am prepared to swap for an original Pentax K mount adapter (that means my Helios becomes redundant). If swap is not possible I can sell the adapter and buy the screen off you, but this process will take longer.
Regards
Pawel