Wanted.

Defragged

Link Posted 17/05/2020 - 20:23
It's a long shot but does anyone have a tripod mounting collar for the 200mm f3.5 Takumar lens that they are willing to part with? Please!
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

davidwozhere

Link Posted 19/05/2020 - 00:32
I was going to give you the ebay link for the one I just bought - except I had the very last one! Do an Ebay search for Tripod collar 68mm diameter. There were several potentials but check the diameters they present to you.

Defragged

Link Posted 19/05/2020 - 09:43
Thank you David.

I have searched ebay but I've not found a collar of the correct internal diameter. The smallest I've come across is 65mm and I need a collar with 58mm dia. Even the 65mm dia collar would require excessive packing I think.

I shall keep searching. Thanks again though for your input.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 19/05/2020 - 10:48
Just wondering if Etsy might have something. I've found some stuff on there in the past, so it might just be worth a punt. Good luck anyway.

barkin

Link Posted 19/05/2020 - 12:08

jeallen01

Link Posted 19/05/2020 - 20:41

TBH, that's cheap, but looks rather fragile.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 19/05/2020 - 20:41

Defragged

Link Posted 19/05/2020 - 22:28
Urbanmeister wrote:
Just wondering if Etsy might have something. I've found some stuff on there in the past, so it might just be worth a punt. Good luck anyway.

Thank you very much. I did have a look on the Etsy site but there was nothing doing.

jeallen01 Wrote:
"TBH, that's cheap, but looks rather fragile."

Cheap + affordable. As for fragile, it's most certainly not the quality of that which would have shipped at the point the lens was sold but do-able and certainly an improvement on what I didn't have.

barkin wrote:
"Not a recommendation, but...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lens-Tripod-Holder-Bracket-Mount-Ring-Accessory-58mm/..."

Grateful thanks for the link. I confess I had not seen this but as luck would have it, I don't live a million miles from this seller. Certainly not in Accrington but just far enough away to be comfortable. Lol Anyway, I contacted the seller, went to look at the item and bought it. Yes sure, as above, it's not the quality I would have preferred, however, it fit just about and for a tenner it was well worth it. As they might say in the good owd north of Ingland, "it's berra tha-nowt"

Until I come across the real deal, this will do. Whilst I admit it's not of the quality of the original, it will most certainly suffice. It's not going to suffer rough and tumble so with care it should last just fine and will at allow me to mount the lens safely on a tripod. I'm fit, strong, healthy - go running very regularly but do struggle to hand hold. My strong and pronounced pulse even gives a blip and as I often use my camera in low light situations, a tripod is a must.

So a mega thanks especially to you 'Barkin' for your eagle eyed and timely help.

Best regards one and all.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim

davidwozhere

Link Posted 25/05/2020 - 01:27
Talk about feeling a right twerp? The collar I bought arrived - Chinese and quite excellent - but I'd ordered a 68mm!! I think I'm losing it sometimes!
Anyone got a need for a very good 68mm tripod collar?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

JohnX

Link Posted 25/05/2020 - 09:04
davidwozhere wrote:
Talk about feeling a right twerp? The collar I bought arrived - Chinese and quite excellent - but I'd ordered a 68mm!! I think I'm losing it sometimes!
Anyone got a need for a very good 68mm tripod collar?

More details please? Link to the item on eBay?
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.