Wanted: +1 diopter correction lense for 67 6x7

joel67

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 15:08
Wanted a +1 diopter correction lense for 6x7

joel67

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 15:23
I know this is the 21st century and everyone has gone digital but I re-discovered good old film and my beloved 6x7 but eyesight falling and in need of a +1 correction lense. Can someone help
Thanks
Regards
Joel

hefty1

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 18:23
If you can't find one (and I'm guessing they're none too common) then I think your best bet would be to call your local independent* optician; I'm sure they could make one up that's tailored to your requirements.

*Forget the big chains, I doubt they'd be interested in small one-off jobs.
Joining the Q

Malo1961

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 19:08
I did a google on it, but nothing to be found on the net. B&H in NY had a -4 dioptre in stock for the 67. I did notice that all the available prism finders for the 67 (not the 67 II) seem to have a build-in dioptre adjustment. These certainly should go to +1.

hefty1 wrote:
I think your best bet would be to call your local independent* optician; I'm sure they could make one up that's tailored to your requirements.

My thoughts also.......
Or as a alternative you could measure up the dioptre's diameter and hope for an other brand solution. B & W, Mamiya, Bronica, Hasselblad and Zeiss. They all used to make make them. So....maybe you are lucky and can use one of them on your 67.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

DoctorJeff

Link Posted 29/08/2009 - 09:02
To add to what hefty1 wrote: the real need is to find some optician who actually fits the lenses him/her self. Actually this is the real definition of an "Optician" - sort of an Optical Technician (or so my old Optician told me) the big chains contract all the work out, and so do many of the smaller ones. Lens blanks are still made in this country (near Bristol) as well as by firms like Rodenstock and Pentax, so any real optician should be able to cut one down to fit.
Another alternative should be to ask the target shooting fraternity wheer they get lenses for their shooting glasses. The rules used to say that optical correction must be worn, and not fitted to the rifle or air rifle, and I doubt if they have changed since my time.
Water can wear away a stone - but it can't cook lunch
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.