Wacom Bamboo
Posted 24/10/2010 - 08:36
Link
I have to check, but the bamboo works excellently with GIMP and Win7... touch on or off, flicks.. great mouse replacement.
Bret
Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
Posted 24/10/2010 - 13:39
Link
I know it work excellently, you don't need to tell me that.
Was just curious if you could place that rotating of the canvas in CS5 under your finger tips.
It would be so handy that you could just draw with your pen and adjust the canvas all the time with your fingers so you can make the stroke easier.
With the intuos 4 you can use the touch wheel on the side to do that.
Was just curious if you could place that rotating of the canvas in CS5 under your finger tips.
It would be so handy that you could just draw with your pen and adjust the canvas all the time with your fingers so you can make the stroke easier.
With the intuos 4 you can use the touch wheel on the side to do that.
Posted 24/10/2010 - 13:59
Link
it does support gestures, but I'd need to install the driver on a machine with CS5 on it before I can test. I won't have time to do this anytime soon.
Implications on the web say "it should work", but I don't know what version of the driver that would apply to.
Bret
Implications on the web say "it should work", but I don't know what version of the driver that would apply to.
Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
Posted 24/10/2010 - 14:21
Link
Gestures are something else though.
When i use my fingers it should go into canvas editing mode so to say, that's what i'm looking for.
Or else I'm better off just using the shortcuts.
When i use my fingers it should go into canvas editing mode so to say, that's what i'm looking for.
Or else I'm better off just using the shortcuts.
Posted 24/10/2010 - 15:40
Link
Personally, I have a G13 setup for keyboard shortcuts and the bamboo on the other side of the keyboard. I don't need to think, I can use ctrl-shift-S or r or o or whatever assigned to a key I think makes sense on the G13 and then I can manipulate with the right hand.
I recently lost most of the settings on the G13 due to a hardware issue and forgetting to back it up. I'm missing it already as I also had track forwards and back and pause and volume controls also set up... that it will change automatically to the just-opened program shortcuts is a really nice touch.
Bret
I recently lost most of the settings on the G13 due to a hardware issue and forgetting to back it up. I'm missing it already as I also had track forwards and back and pause and volume controls also set up... that it will change automatically to the just-opened program shortcuts is a really nice touch.
Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
With photoshop CS5 you can now easily rotate the canvas so you can make better strokes.
Now i wonder if you can put that command/interface off turning the canvas under your finger tips.
Does anybody know?
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ