Vulcan at Dunsfold

RobE17

Link Posted 26/08/2014 - 09:13
I visited the Wings & Wheels event at Dunsfold on Sunday primarily to watch the two Lancasters but the Vulcan was displaying there as well.
This photo was taken at the start of its display giving us all a nice topside view.
I used a K5lls, DA* 60-250mm & HD 1.4x TC.

Vulcan XH558 by R M BRIGHT, on Flickr
My Flickr Page

swarf

Link Posted 26/08/2014 - 11:15
Nice - it was lovely to see the Vulcan flying again.

While it was still loud it didn't seem to have that ear shattering roar that I remember. Maybe they're trying to avoid stressing the airframe and enegines too much. Alternatively, it could also be a dodgy memory!

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

RobE17

Link Posted 26/08/2014 - 11:22
swarf wrote:
Nice - it was lovely to see the Vulcan flying again.

While it was still loud it didn't seem to have that ear shattering roar that I remember. Maybe they're trying to avoid stressing the airframe and enegines too much. Alternatively, it could also be a dodgy memory!

Phil

Thanks Phil.

You're right re the sound, it could be that they are waiting until the final season next year for us to hear the "Vulcan Howl" more often
My Flickr Page

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 26/08/2014 - 11:45
When I was a Photographer in the Ministry of Aviation I went to the AVRO Factory with a Senior Photographer and we had to go up into a Vulcan to photograph the Electronics and Hydrolics Systems -- we had a whole plate Ex=RAF Camera, glass plates and a photoflood then did a time exposure of several minutes while waving the lamp about -- it gave very good results-- the plates were 'Contact Printed' -- that was about 1959.
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

Mike-P

Link Posted 26/08/2014 - 12:05
Very nice Rob.

I used the 60-250mm and 1.4x on the K-5II at Yeovilton and was impressed with the IQ produced ... although it slowed down the AF tracking enough to cause a quite a few blurry pictures.
. My Flickr

RobE17

Link Posted 28/08/2014 - 09:51
Mike-P wrote:
Very nice Rob.

I used the 60-250mm and 1.4x on the K-5II at Yeovilton and was impressed with the IQ produced ... although it slowed down the AF tracking enough to cause a quite a few blurry pictures.

Thanks Mike. Yes I've also been very impressed with the IQ and have got used to the fact that I've been getting some blurry pictures as well, but on the whole very pleased with it.
My Flickr Page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.