Voigtlander Apo Lanthar 3.5 / 90 MM PKA capturing shapes

Malo1961
Posted 28/12/2008 - 18:21 Link
Went out today with the VC Apo Lanthar 90 MM close focus, attached to my K10D. Just looked for some odd shapes and forms in a local park. Oh......and they are all colour this time This lens keeps amazing me. C & C welcome as usual.

1#
Comment Image

2#
Comment Image

3#
Comment Image

4#
Comment Image

5#
Comment Image

6#
Comment Image

7#
Comment Image

8#
Comment Image


Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Anvh
Posted 28/12/2008 - 18:59 Link
Great lighting in your photos Martin, wonderbaarlijk (wonderfull)
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Lilly
Posted 28/12/2008 - 19:15 Link
Damn good Martin I wd say, just love #4 feel the frost

ps) think I may have cropped a little from the bottom and right tho! (as she ducks)!!
website
BLOG
FLICKR

Pentax: K20D; FA50mm 1.4; FA135mm 2.8; FA 17-28mm; FA 80-320mm; AF360FGZ
Sigma: 30mm F1.4EXDC; 10-20mmEXDC ..... LENSBABY 'Composer' ,
Edited by Lilly: 28/12/2008 - 19:18
Malo1961
Posted 28/12/2008 - 19:34 Link
Lilly wrote:
Damn good Martin I wd say, just love #4 feel the frost

ps) think I may have cropped a little from the bottom and right tho! (as she ducks)!!
I know what you mean, Lilly It was already cropped, but I'll guess there is some room for more.

Thanks for the nice words.

Anvh wrote:
Great lighting in your photos Martin, wonderbaarlijk (wonderfull)


That's the best thing about this season. Sun (if there is any) low in the sky, even at noon, so lighting is so wonderful.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Anvh
Posted 28/12/2008 - 19:57 Link
Malo1961 wrote:
That's the best thing about this season. Sun (if there is any) low in the sky, even at noon, so lighting is so wonderful.
Yeah I know but everytime I discussed a trip with someone it's always foggy that day
Already worked on the macro's and birdshots, maybe I should post them here just too see what you think of them and hopefully get some good C&C on them.
Like I said the light wasn't that great so used the flash a lot...

May I ask you where this was shot, it looks like a lovely place to go for a hike
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Malo1961
Posted 28/12/2008 - 20:07 Link
That would be a long hike, even in Holland. It's near the city of Appingedam, at the far N-E of Holland. A good 4 hours drive from Dordrecht.
I live in Leermens, 6 miles from Appingedam.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Anvh
Posted 28/12/2008 - 20:36 Link
Yeah that's just a bit too far, don't you've something a bit closer
It must be a very lovely place to live there, so close to nature.
Did you crop or did anything to the images, in #8 you can really see how sharp that lens is. I wonder how it would compare to the D-FA 100mm

I went to the Gelderse Vallei two weeks ago near Amersfoort, it was a nice hike of 14km (7 miles) it took us the whole day to finish it though.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Malo1961
Posted 28/12/2008 - 22:20 Link
Anvh wrote:
Yeah that's just a bit too far, don't you've something a bit closer
Well......The Biesbosch isn't that far, for you. Now.....that's what I call a beautiful place. But the truth is...., beauty worth of capturing is found everywhere. It's just a matter of seeing and if you are lucky a bit of good light. But you know that already

Picture number 8, as all the others is only raw processed, with minor tweaks in levels and curves. Just some capture sharpening applied.The last one was shot wide open at f3.8. It renders a nice bokeh. And indeed is very sharp wide open. It is with it's FOV of 135mm (cropped sensor) a favorite of mine. Focusses till 50 cm, and ideal for isolating small and medium objects. Wide open it separates the subject in a lovely manor from the background. It has a kind of 3 D feel over it, I really love.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Anvh
Posted 29/12/2008 - 01:18 Link
yeah the Biesbosch is nice and unique but wet though ^^;
will do it maybe next month, first Den Haag next week and the week after maybe the Biesbosch if it hasn't rained.
About the light the problem is that trees have leaves and walking in the woods you have a lot of trees and not so much light

yeah it looks like an amazing lens from those photos, never heared of it though
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo