VIP Winnipeg 2007

Don
Posted 13/04/2007 - 02:02 Link
So I'm working a tradeshow (VIP Vision, Insperation, Passion) hosted by the professional Photographers of Canada. Right now I'm helping with the behind the scenes work for the Judging of submitted images and am seeing submissions, from the best Pro photographers in Canada. What a treat to be viewing the work, and hearing the panel of judges critques.
There will be seminars all weekend.
This is great! There's tonnes of amazing images!
I'm definately going to submit some stuff next year!
I suddenly feel inspired to really push myself to create more work.
Too bad all you guys can't be here this week.
Us Pentaxians with our sharp lenses, sharper tongues, and slightly soft jpegs, could really hold our own!
https://ppam.sslpowered.com/vip2007/index.html
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
fatspider
Posted 13/04/2007 - 10:01 Link
I recently did something similar myself, assisting during selection of images for the YPU (Yorkshire Photographic Union) exhibition this year, which my own camera club is hosting

Most of the entries were amazing yet I was also surprised at the amount of poor quality work that was entered, I only consider myself to be an average photographer but I will certainly be entering this event next year.

As is the way with judges we saw quite a few tremendous images go back in the relevant clubs boxes and others that were not so good go onto the acceptance pile, each to his own I suppose.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Don
Posted 15/04/2007 - 20:48 Link
I'm having such a fabulous weekend!
by yhe way, who here is a mamber of a professional association, or attends these types of workshops?
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo