Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Video Capture - Pentax or ??

Dodge69
Posted 20/03/2013 - 08:38 Link
I've used my K5 to make DVD of my mom's watercolour classes, which she then sells on cruise ships. They're fine for what they need to be.

But it is a well known fact the Canon 5D Mark II is the go to choice for video and one of the few/only 'consumer' models to be authorized for use by organisations such as the BBC.
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!
rparmar
Posted 21/03/2013 - 12:39 Link
AxelLuther wrote:
I did some intensive Google Research today and I think - video capturing is not the core business of Pentax - we are currently thinking about getting the Panasonic GH3 - the GH2 was already test winner a few years ago and the GH3 was only beaten by two DSLRs which cost nearly twice as much - 50 frames per second, external mic, live view during recording, adjustable display, superfast AF andandand - will be strange to work with a non Pentax but let's see

That is your answer. Lots of support out there for using the GH1/2/3 in video rigs, including companies dedicated to making gear. If you go with MFT mount you can later upgrade to dedicated videocams including the BMCC, protecting your investment in lenses and rig.

Pentax is simply not a player in the video game.
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.
Edited by rparmar: 21/03/2013 - 12:40

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.