Velbon Ultra LUXi F
Posted 23/01/2010 - 15:25
Link
I had one of these, an excellent little tripod.
I used it a lot with my K20D + lenses up to 100mm. I did use it a bit with my longer lenses, but I had a Gitzo Explorer for the heavy stuff! I melted the two together and bought a CF Giottos.
Has my full recommendation if you want a small travel tripod. The best there is, unless you want to spend much more, i.e. £200 plus plus!
I used it a lot with my K20D + lenses up to 100mm. I did use it a bit with my longer lenses, but I had a Gitzo Explorer for the heavy stuff! I melted the two together and bought a CF Giottos.
Has my full recommendation if you want a small travel tripod. The best there is, unless you want to spend much more, i.e. £200 plus plus!
Posted 23/01/2010 - 16:27
Link
Very interested, but having read the reviews it says once the head is removed it has a 1/4" screw
Is this correct? because I know the ball head we have is the usual 3/8" and presumably would need an adapter.
Would like first refusal please, but the above might cause a problem, all depends how easily available or costly an adapter would be unless it comes with one obviously
**EDIT** What the hell, seems ideal and will sort out the heads one way or another i'm sure.
Thanks
Rich
Is this correct? because I know the ball head we have is the usual 3/8" and presumably would need an adapter.
Would like first refusal please, but the above might cause a problem, all depends how easily available or costly an adapter would be unless it comes with one obviously
**EDIT** What the hell, seems ideal and will sort out the heads one way or another i'm sure.
Thanks
Rich
Posted 23/01/2010 - 16:35
Link
Interested too... I'd take it if Leytono decides against. Chain, erm, ball free cash bidder here
Thanks
Wolf
Thanks
Wolf
Posted 23/01/2010 - 16:40
Link
leytono wrote:
Very interested, but having read the reviews it says once the head is removed it has a 1/4" screw
Is this correct? because I know the ball head we have is the usual 3/8" and presumably would need an adapter.
i think this is what you need link
Very interested, but having read the reviews it says once the head is removed it has a 1/4" screw
Is this correct? because I know the ball head we have is the usual 3/8" and presumably would need an adapter.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 23/01/2010 - 16:41
Link
I never unscrewed it. I tried once, but couldn't, I think some grip and strength is needed.
The thread is indeed 1/4'', according to one review.
The thread is indeed 1/4'', according to one review.
Posted 23/01/2010 - 17:03
Link
Thanks for the replies and payment now made
Thanks too Barrie for the link, saw it and realised that I actually have one of those (now just got to find it:lolso problem solved
Anyone want to buy a well used Manfrotto O55 CB Pro
Cheers
Rich
Thanks too Barrie for the link, saw it and realised that I actually have one of those (now just got to find it:lolso problem solved
Anyone want to buy a well used Manfrotto O55 CB Pro
Cheers
Rich
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


787 posts
18 years
Portugal
Problem is I overestimated... With grip and a tele lens, the tripod loses stability extended. With a lighter setup or if you are willing to go to lower heights, than it should be fine.
Specs:
Velbon
length/cm 39
height, max/cm 161
height, max/cm 136
no column
height, min/cm 19
weight/g 896
max weight/kg 3
With head it weighs 1320g.
Reviews:
Amazon
Virtual Traveler
The current offer from Velbon closest to this is the Ultra Maxi L, which is much more expensive and does not reach the specs of the Luxi F.
Photos:
The legs can be changed between 3 different anlges to go very low near the ground.
There legs are in 4 sections
The tripod comes with the PH-145Q 3 or 4 way head with level spirit.
The base of the QR plate is square which is good because it makes it more flexible in orientation.
The head folds to a compact shape for traveling. The head can be changed, but I never tried.
I also have the original box which will be included.
Price is £45 delivered 1st class or +£3 for Next day .