Varifocals or Plain glasses
Posted 29/05/2013 - 12:48
Link
I'm sure it must cause problems, so I only use single vision glasses.
Best regards, John
Posted 29/05/2013 - 12:52
Link
I also wear varifolcals and have no problems with my K10/K5. I do, however, have almighty problems with cameras which use a rear display instead of a view finder as I have to tilt my head right back whilst holding the camera at arms length.
regards
Bernard
regards
Bernard
Posted 29/05/2013 - 15:12
Link
Never thought i'd be contributing to a thread on glasses and poor eyesight...but it comes to us all.
I've got a pair of lowest strength reading glasses which I try not to use with my camera as its a right pain. At the moment I can get away with adjusting the dioptre adjustment above the viewfinder on my Kx but it is really difficult trying to see whether a shot is in focus etc when holding the Kx at about 18" distance and trying to squint at the LCD in outdoor light. This is a major reason why I am hoping to upgrade to a K30 later in the year. Not only is the LCD screen much higher resolution but it is bigger (3" as opposed to 2.7"). Every little bit helps.
Any manufacturer that designed 'poor eyesight alleviation ' features into their next DSLR range would do very well I suspect.
I've got a pair of lowest strength reading glasses which I try not to use with my camera as its a right pain. At the moment I can get away with adjusting the dioptre adjustment above the viewfinder on my Kx but it is really difficult trying to see whether a shot is in focus etc when holding the Kx at about 18" distance and trying to squint at the LCD in outdoor light. This is a major reason why I am hoping to upgrade to a K30 later in the year. Not only is the LCD screen much higher resolution but it is bigger (3" as opposed to 2.7"). Every little bit helps.
Any manufacturer that designed 'poor eyesight alleviation ' features into their next DSLR range would do very well I suspect.
Posted 29/05/2013 - 15:24
Link
I need glasses to see far away, but need reading glasses of plus one which fits in with the dioptric range. If i need stronger readers then i will get an old m viewfiner add on forget what theyre called but they come up for sale regularly.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 29/05/2013 - 15:42
Link
Ditto Bernard. OK K7-K5 But need to tilt head back with I-10.
Just set the dioptre adjuster to the top "distance" part of your specs and away you go.
CHEERS Vic.
Just set the dioptre adjuster to the top "distance" part of your specs and away you go.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 29/05/2013 - 19:45
Link
i have varifocal and use the center of my glasses lens to view with the dioptre adjusted to this, seem to be ok. at least the dioptre is in the middle of its adjustment range whereas when i tried taking my glasses off it was at the extreme limit of its travel and i was sure i could have done with more
Posted 29/05/2013 - 19:58
Link
High quality varifocals have three vision areas, distance, middle distance and close up. I wear Essilor made(Varilux) ones and get on well. Cheap unbranded from cheap opticians were a big failure though!
I'm very short sighted (-8 dioptres) but get on fine with my K5. Just as well a there is no correction adapter for that strong!
I'm very short sighted (-8 dioptres) but get on fine with my K5. Just as well a there is no correction adapter for that strong!
Posted 29/05/2013 - 20:07
Link
Frogherder wrote:
I also wear varifolcals and have no problems with my K10/K5. I do, however, have almighty problems with cameras which use a rear display instead of a view finder as I have to tilt my head right back whilst holding the camera at arms length.
regards
Bernard
Quite.
I also wear varifolcals and have no problems with my K10/K5. I do, however, have almighty problems with cameras which use a rear display instead of a view finder as I have to tilt my head right back whilst holding the camera at arms length.
regards
Bernard
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 29/05/2013 - 22:03
Link
bwlchmawr wrote:
Moi aussi!Frogherder wrote:
I also wear varifolcals and have no problems with my K10/K5. I do, however, have almighty problems with cameras which use a rear display instead of a view finder as I have to tilt my head right back whilst holding the camera at arms length.
regards
Bernard
Quite.I also wear varifolcals and have no problems with my K10/K5. I do, however, have almighty problems with cameras which use a rear display instead of a view finder as I have to tilt my head right back whilst holding the camera at arms length.
regards
Bernard
Andy
Andy
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4862 posts
15 years
Northumberland
Stan
PPG