USM and DA* 50-135mm
Posted 07/06/2009 - 18:50
Link
Errr, 18 months...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 07/06/2009 - 18:51
Link
Damn, you beat me to it-I have a habit of not reading things properly first time.
Posted 07/06/2009 - 18:52
Link
Me too...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 07/06/2009 - 18:58
Link
Back on topic though it will still be under it's 2 year warranty - I assume it's 2 years?
Posted 07/06/2009 - 18:59
Link
I thought Lenses also had a two year warranty if bought from a pro dealer? and didn't you buy from SRS?
As for the quality of the lens hood, mine has also broken and is now a very slack fit, I thought about asking for a replacement but TBH I cant see it lasting any longer due to the flimsy design.
EDIT remind me to never get into a gunfight with snootchies, he has a faster trigger finger
As for the quality of the lens hood, mine has also broken and is now a very slack fit, I thought about asking for a replacement but TBH I cant see it lasting any longer due to the flimsy design.
EDIT remind me to never get into a gunfight with snootchies, he has a faster trigger finger
Posted 07/06/2009 - 19:03
Link
I bought the lens from 17th Street Photo in New York, not SRS.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 07/06/2009 - 19:22
Link
I understood all lenses have a two year international warranty from Pentax. Worth asking anyway.
Posted 07/06/2009 - 20:02
Link
Womble,
You may have to do a little pleading with Pentax UK.
The warranty on US purchased items is just One Year. Bodies can be registered for an extended warranty but not lenses.
You may have to do a little pleading with Pentax UK.
The warranty on US purchased items is just One Year. Bodies can be registered for an extended warranty but not lenses.
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Posted 08/06/2009 - 09:58
Link
I have heard that if you interupt the two contacts for SDM, then the body will think it's a screw drive lens. Not sure what the best way of doing that is though.
As I understand it, there is no way for a DA* lens to flip between SDM or screw drive as and when; it will always try for SDM so you need to 'trick' the body.
Something to consider if you dont get anywhere with a 2yr warranty.
As I understand it, there is no way for a DA* lens to flip between SDM or screw drive as and when; it will always try for SDM so you need to 'trick' the body.
Something to consider if you dont get anywhere with a 2yr warranty.
Posted 08/06/2009 - 10:20
Link
Snootchies wrote:
I have heard that if you interupt the two contacts for SDM, then the body will think it's a screw drive lens. Not sure what the best way of doing that is though.
As I understand it, there is no way for a DA* lens to flip between SDM or screw drive as and when; it will always try for SDM so you need to 'trick' the body.
Something to consider if you dont get anywhere with a 2yr warranty.
A small piece of insulating tape over the lens contacts should do the trick. Easily reversable so no warranty violation.I have heard that if you interupt the two contacts for SDM, then the body will think it's a screw drive lens. Not sure what the best way of doing that is though.
As I understand it, there is no way for a DA* lens to flip between SDM or screw drive as and when; it will always try for SDM so you need to 'trick' the body.
Something to consider if you dont get anywhere with a 2yr warranty.
Steve
Posted 08/06/2009 - 10:23
Link
Snootchies wrote:
I have heard that if you interupt the two contacts for SDM, then the body will think it's a screw drive lens. Not sure what the best way of doing that is though.
As I understand it, there is no way for a DA* lens to flip between SDM or screw drive as and when; it will always try for SDM so you need to 'trick' the body.
I don't think that works. I've tried a DA*300 with a AF Teleconverter with no SDM contacts and the lens would only Manual Focus. I've been told SDM lens will only use the screw drive if the camera body is not compatibale with SDM.
I have heard that if you interupt the two contacts for SDM, then the body will think it's a screw drive lens. Not sure what the best way of doing that is though.
As I understand it, there is no way for a DA* lens to flip between SDM or screw drive as and when; it will always try for SDM so you need to 'trick' the body.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 08/06/2009 - 10:32
Link
bforbes wrote:
That's a shame. Well..it was an idea...
Snootchies wrote:
I have heard that if you interupt the two contacts for SDM, then the body will think it's a screw drive lens. Not sure what the best way of doing that is though.
As I understand it, there is no way for a DA* lens to flip between SDM or screw drive as and when; it will always try for SDM so you need to 'trick' the body.
I don't think that works. I've tried a DA*300 with a AF Teleconverter with no SDM contacts and the lens would only Manual Focus. I've been told SDM lens will only use the screw drive if the camera body is not compatibale with SDM.I have heard that if you interupt the two contacts for SDM, then the body will think it's a screw drive lens. Not sure what the best way of doing that is though.
As I understand it, there is no way for a DA* lens to flip between SDM or screw drive as and when; it will always try for SDM so you need to 'trick' the body.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7676 posts
18 years
Hertfordshire,
mostly.
Cheers, Kris.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.