Useful site for astrophotography
Posted 18/10/2015 - 08:04
Link
Yes, Stellarium is very good, I use it to plan shoots.
Paul
Paul
K3ii, DA16-85, DA35mm Limited, FA77mm Limited, 55mm f1.8 K, 135mm f3.5 M, DA300, DA 1.4 HD TC,
DA16-45, Sigma 15mm f2.8. Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro
DA16-45, Sigma 15mm f2.8. Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro
Posted 18/10/2015 - 08:45
Link
Yes I use it as well but it's free for the computer but you have to pay for iPhone/iPad
Gwyn check out star gazers lounge has well very useful forum ,Nakedgun and I are
On there has well
Neil
Gwyn check out star gazers lounge has well very useful forum ,Nakedgun and I are
On there has well
Neil
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Posted 18/10/2015 - 12:47
Link
Sadly, living in the Netherlands the chances of dark skies are almost nil. Even out on the islands there is just a lot of light pollution. Clear skies are rare enough too.
I enjoyed my first attempts at astro last year in California, They weren't great but I learned a lot. Since another trip out west isn't likely I am hoping to be able to try again if we go back to La Palma, or find a really dark place on a camper travels (I always carry the Samyang 14mm and tripod, just in case!). So far when we have found a dark place it has been either a full moon or, more usually, cloudy!
Meanwhile I shall enjoy other peoples photos, with just a tinge of envy.
I enjoyed my first attempts at astro last year in California, They weren't great but I learned a lot. Since another trip out west isn't likely I am hoping to be able to try again if we go back to La Palma, or find a really dark place on a camper travels (I always carry the Samyang 14mm and tripod, just in case!). So far when we have found a dark place it has been either a full moon or, more usually, cloudy!
Meanwhile I shall enjoy other peoples photos, with just a tinge of envy.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


10344 posts
20 years
The Netherlands
You can download it to a computer (Windows/Android/Ubuntu/Apple) or buy the app for Android and iPhones.
It takes a bit of working out but I think it is worth it.
Anyway I hope you find it useful.