Use and abuse, but still 100% functional.

K10D

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 03:35
Spotted this on another site that also linked to the Flickr image.
link

The owner said;

“That was from one of my avian photography sorties. I use a floating blind to take photos of water birds but the water level that day was very low so I had to crawl it out in the mud to get the photos that I want. I was constantly pouring water on the LCD to take away the mud so I can view my photos. The lens installed on the body is a Nikkor 500 f/4 VR. After the shoot I cleaned the camera and placed it in my dry cabinet. It still works flawlessly: all seals worked, not a single grime inside the camera."

Best regards

snappychappy

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 07:04
Couldn't treat my gear that way, and too risk a lens of that price.
My piccies.

karma mechanic

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 10:10
How does the camera get that muddy without getting it on the front of the lens at all? Maybe just from his hands?
My own website is www.richardgaddphotography.com

Also on 500px

greynolds999

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 10:12
A lens cap?
My Photobucket

karma mechanic

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 10:19
greynolds999 wrote:
A lens cap?

Probably, but then he'd have to take that off and on (or the hood) with the hands that seem to have been a little muddy. I hate mud

Also on 500px

greynolds999

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 10:45
karma mechanic wrote:
greynolds999 wrote:
A lens cap?

Probably, but then he'd have to take that off and on (or the hood) with the hands that seem to have been a little muddy. I hate mud

But if it had a filter you could clean it with water.
My Photobucket

karma mechanic

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 10:58
greynolds999 wrote:

But if it had a filter you could clean it with water.

Good idea, it seems to have worked really well on the camera

Also on 500px

T140

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 15:43
did you scroll down through the comments,
Nobody is perfect, but being Scottish is a start

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 17:34
karma mechanic wrote:
How does the camera get that muddy without getting it on the front of the lens at all? Maybe just from his hands?

from the OP :

Quote:
“That was from one of my avian photography sorties. I use a floating blind to take photos of water birds but the water level that day was very low so I had to crawl it out in the mud to get the photos that I want. I was constantly pouring water on the LCD to take away the mud so I can view my photos. The lens installed on the body is a Nikkor 500 f/4 VR. After the shoot I cleaned the camera and placed it in my dry cabinet. It still works flawlessly: all seals worked, not a single grime inside the camera."

Seems perfectly feasible to me. Filter on the lens and keep that one clean and do not care about the rest.

I just love that picture. I e-mailed him if I could have a copy for myself. Just want it hanging in the office as a feature for myself to enjoy.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 21:39
This would be why I keep a battered old ME and 50/1.7 handy in the car when on 4x4 events. If I have to stand in a giant mud hole and photograph a winch recovery I don't really want to take something which cost more than £20 all-in!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.