Unusual visitor to garden
Posted 05/05/2012 - 14:27
Link
Yep! Greylags... not often you see them flying and unusual that
they visited your garden.
Possibly a colour temp. problem as well as the lens.
What lens is it? It needs setting to something other
than auto.... possibly Cloudy.
they visited your garden.
Possibly a colour temp. problem as well as the lens.
What lens is it? It needs setting to something other
than auto.... possibly Cloudy.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 05/05/2012 - 15:01
Link
It was my Pentax 18-250mm which is the only lens I have with any length. It was AWB so suspect it has got the camera a little confused as it was very dark with a patchy sky.
To be honest I'm suprised it came out at all. I didn't think about any of the settings - just wanted to capture them before they went! The camera was set up for a manual macro lens when I grabbed it.
I've adjusted the colour on the original a bit which helps a little, but still doesn't look quite right.
To be honest I'm suprised it came out at all. I didn't think about any of the settings - just wanted to capture them before they went! The camera was set up for a manual macro lens when I grabbed it.
I've adjusted the colour on the original a bit which helps a little, but still doesn't look quite right.
Posted 05/05/2012 - 15:52
Link
milamber wrote:
I thnk these are Greylag's. Not at all rare, but funny to find a pair on the lawn earlier. By the time I'd grabbed the camera, swapped lenses and made as much noise as a herd of elephants they were disappearing. Just managed to grab a few shots of which this was the best. Snatched at 250mm in poor light so plenty of CA which I can't seem to remove in PP.
[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/geese.jpg[/IMG]
I don't know if you have Lightroom but it's possible to remove the purple fringing by going to 'Hue/Saturation' and desaturating purple and magenta, a bit drastic but it works.I thnk these are Greylag's. Not at all rare, but funny to find a pair on the lawn earlier. By the time I'd grabbed the camera, swapped lenses and made as much noise as a herd of elephants they were disappearing. Just managed to grab a few shots of which this was the best. Snatched at 250mm in poor light so plenty of CA which I can't seem to remove in PP.
[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/geese.jpg[/IMG]
I tried it with your photo but I don't know how to post photos here. It's actually a nice photo!
If you'd like to see it I could put it in the 'Gallery' temporarily.
Regards,
Michael
Michael
Posted 05/05/2012 - 16:17
Link
michaelblue wrote:
I tried it with your photo but I don't know how to post photos here. It's actually a nice photo!
If you'd like to see it I could put it in the 'Gallery' temporarily.
I don't have Lightroom. I did try to alter the hue/saturation in Paintshop Pro, but don't really know enough to get the right settings. I'd love to see any efforts at improving it, thanks.
milamber wrote:
I thnk these are Greylag's. Not at all rare, but funny to find a pair on the lawn earlier. By the time I'd grabbed the camera, swapped lenses and made as much noise as a herd of elephants they were disappearing. Just managed to grab a few shots of which this was the best. Snatched at 250mm in poor light so plenty of CA which I can't seem to remove in PP.
[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/geese.jpg[/IMG]
I don't know if you have Lightroom but it's possible to remove the purple fringing by going to 'Hue/Saturation' and desaturating purple and magenta, a bit drastic but it works.I thnk these are Greylag's. Not at all rare, but funny to find a pair on the lawn earlier. By the time I'd grabbed the camera, swapped lenses and made as much noise as a herd of elephants they were disappearing. Just managed to grab a few shots of which this was the best. Snatched at 250mm in poor light so plenty of CA which I can't seem to remove in PP.
[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/geese.jpg[/IMG]
I tried it with your photo but I don't know how to post photos here. It's actually a nice photo!
If you'd like to see it I could put it in the 'Gallery' temporarily.
Posted 05/05/2012 - 16:59
Link
I've added my attempt on the Gallery, title...'Greylag Geese for Milamber'
if you'd like to see it
if you'd like to see it
Regards,
Michael
Michael
Posted 05/05/2012 - 17:32
Link
Now I can see what you have done I've had another go at altering the original. I don't think it's as good as yours, but it's an improvement.
Thanks again for your help.
Thanks again for your help.
Posted 06/05/2012 - 13:14
Link
Came back last night
[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/goose2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/goose2.jpg[/IMG]
Posted 06/05/2012 - 13:38
Link
I think they've taken to you
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 06/05/2012 - 13:49
Link
Probably mistook my garden for a lake.....wettest drought ever.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


863 posts
15 years
Norfolk
[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/geese.jpg[/IMG]