Underexposure probs
Posted 29/05/2009 - 21:48
Link
Erm, they look pretty fine exposure-wise to me
The only thing that I notice is the contrast in them - the difference between sky and foreground. Looks like the sky is absolutely correctly exposed (any brighter and you'd lose detail completely).
These contrasty scenes would benefit from a Shadows/Highlights adjust in Photoshop/Elements (Or "Fill Light" in Google Picasa)
Also, have you calibrated your monitor?? That can make a huge difference to how you perceive images on your PC
Matt
The only thing that I notice is the contrast in them - the difference between sky and foreground. Looks like the sky is absolutely correctly exposed (any brighter and you'd lose detail completely).
These contrasty scenes would benefit from a Shadows/Highlights adjust in Photoshop/Elements (Or "Fill Light" in Google Picasa)
Also, have you calibrated your monitor?? That can make a huge difference to how you perceive images on your PC
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 29/05/2009 - 22:44
Link
Well Matt Ime rather embarrassed to say ure right...
Ime on my father in laws pc and didn't think to check the monitor settings.
Sure enough they were very low and now 80% of the pics have come out alot better!!
Thanks for your response and pointing out the obvious for me!
I did notice however some of the pics were still under exposed on the foregrounds but I think that is more to do with the way I metered them.
Ime on my father in laws pc and didn't think to check the monitor settings.
Sure enough they were very low and now 80% of the pics have come out alot better!!
Thanks for your response and pointing out the obvious for me!
I did notice however some of the pics were still under exposed on the foregrounds but I think that is more to do with the way I metered them.
Lil Andy
K20D, PENTAX DA 18-55, TAMRON DI 70-300, PENTAX SMC-K 135 f2.5
www.ajohnson-photography.co.uk
K20D, PENTAX DA 18-55, TAMRON DI 70-300, PENTAX SMC-K 135 f2.5
www.ajohnson-photography.co.uk
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


319 posts
17 years
Telford
They look fine on the camera viewfinder but when I take them off i get the bellow results. Any surgestions for rectifying this?
And why dont they look like this on the viewfinder?
[IMG]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv129/titchgamer/new%20camera%20shots/IMGP0117.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv129/titchgamer/new%20camera%20shots/IMGP0157.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv129/titchgamer/new%20camera%20shots/IMGP0254.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks Guys
K20D, PENTAX DA 18-55, TAMRON DI 70-300, PENTAX SMC-K 135 f2.5
www.ajohnson-photography.co.uk