UB Arrived today
Posted 27/02/2015 - 11:02
Link
Did you get the 35 or the 45?
It looks a fine piece of kit, but sadly I can't afford one. I have a very fine Markins ballhead, and am not sure His Nibs would be too thrilled with me forking out for another head.
It looks a fine piece of kit, but sadly I can't afford one. I have a very fine Markins ballhead, and am not sure His Nibs would be too thrilled with me forking out for another head.
Posted 27/02/2015 - 12:12
Link
It's the 35 Gwyn, the 45 was just a jump too much price wise and the 35 will easily handle the kit I intend to use it with. Bought from B&H. The shot with the Z on it: the camera is slightly nose heavy so I intend to source a cheap long arca swiss compatible plate as the original ones are close to $100!
The black ball has a pin under it that sits snugly into a grove in the red ball and enables the horizon plane to remain fixed yet allows rotion through 360'. link
Best regards
The black ball has a pin under it that sits snugly into a grove in the red ball and enables the horizon plane to remain fixed yet allows rotion through 360'. link
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 27/02/2015 - 14:05
Link
I fell asleep halfway through the video and it's only 41secs long!
I can watch FLM Heads all day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2z-0Ps008Y
--
I can watch FLM Heads all day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2z-0Ps008Y
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 27/02/2015 - 14:22
Link
Algernon wrote:
I fell asleep halfway through the video and it's only 41secs long!
Me to Algi, the Cab Merlot kicked in.I fell asleep halfway through the video and it's only 41secs long!
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 27/02/2015 - 20:26 - Helpful Comment
Link
Instead of an Arca plate why not get a cheap flash bracket. fit that to the quick release plate and then to the camera. Back to front not side to side. Once you get the balance it should be fixed and OK. I've done it before and it works . Try it! CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 20/05/2015 - 13:35
Link
It's gone! Mrs K10D has confiscated it.
Not sure whether it was down to ease of use or it just because it looks nice?
Either way, I have ordered the larger version with blessings.......
Not sure whether it was down to ease of use or it just because it looks nice?
Either way, I have ordered the larger version with blessings.......
Too far from a shore.
Posted 20/05/2015 - 15:21
Link
I'd order a longer plate as well. Comes in handy for balancing the camera forwards/backwards also for setting the nodal position for taking panos.
I haven't got one I use mostly Novoflex stuff.
This one looks good 140mm long for £14, but it's in the UK. I suspect they have contacts in China.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161681927331?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=S...
The company (Heather) look to stock some good stuff and have good feedback.
I wish I'd bought their panning clamp instead of one I bought from Amazon which had a thumbscrew that's hard to get a proper grip of once it's on the tripod. It was only £8 cheaper as well.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HTPG-Click-15-Panning-Clamp-Panoramic-Head-with-Click-...
I haven't got one I use mostly Novoflex stuff.
This one looks good 140mm long for £14, but it's in the UK. I suspect they have contacts in China.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161681927331?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=S...
The company (Heather) look to stock some good stuff and have good feedback.
I wish I'd bought their panning clamp instead of one I bought from Amazon which had a thumbscrew that's hard to get a proper grip of once it's on the tripod. It was only £8 cheaper as well.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HTPG-Click-15-Panning-Clamp-Panoramic-Head-with-Click-...
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6417 posts
17 years
Excellent build quality and finish. Level now means level even when the camera is moved around on the upper ball.
Best regards