Two from Reeth yesterday

K10D

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 08:30
Actually enjoyed using some M glass on the K1 yesterday. I didn't take any AF or A glass out with me.

Two more images, the first with an 85mm f/2 and the second with a 17mm f/4 FE

The 85mm definitely helps compress a scene and the FE is pretty good if held level.

Best regards

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 13:24
My M 85mm was my first 85mm lens and it is such a small marvel I haven't moved it on. Works very well on film and digital.

You picked a great day to travel with a bonus of it being quiet. I'd stay away from the Southern dales for the time being: it was like Bournemouth beach here yesterday,,,,

How easy is the M lens to focus on the K1? I have a KatzEye split prism focussing screen in my K5 and this makes the world of difference. I'm not sure if I'd miss the screen or not come the day I finally upgrade to a K1.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 16:36
LongTimeLurker wrote:
My M 85mm was my first 85mm lens and it is such a small marvel I haven't moved it on. Works very well on film and digital.

You picked a great day to travel with a bonus of it being quiet. I'd stay away from the Southern dales for the time being: it was like Bournemouth beach here yesterday,,,,

How easy is the M lens to focus on the K1? I have a KatzEye split prism focussing screen in my K5 and this makes the world of difference. I'm not sure if I'd miss the screen or not come the day I finally upgrade to a K1.

This was my very first 85mm lens too Nigel Absolutely loved it on film, but it was overshadowed when I went digital by the likes of the A*85mm f1.4 - but as proved by several on this forum it is a very capable high quality lens.

It's not as easy to focus as faster versions, but using liveview it's quite easy

The first image is another good candid shot Gary
LennyBloke

K10D

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 18:07
Thanks for the feedback gents. With everything in manual for the 85mm, as I see it appear focused via the viewfinder, I just press the rear AF button and turn the lens focus ring back & forth till the camera beeps. I've never really had any soft images using M glass doing this on a DSLR.

The 17mm FE was set to f/8 and hyperfocal so I didn't touch the focus ring at all after that.

Best regards

08tiger

Link Posted 26/06/2020 - 08:03
Nice to see the commando in your shots Gary, I had one back in the day.
stay safe
C&C welcome.
Don.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.