Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Travor battery grips

Mongoose
Posted 12/11/2009 - 11:15 Link
There was some discussion of these a while back, did anyone actually buy one? are they any good?

I rather fancy a battery grip, but it's just not worth the price of the BG-2 to me.
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help
pentaxian450
Posted 12/11/2009 - 15:33 Link
I'm wondering why people pay a lot of money for a Pentax camera, then they try to fit third party accessories that will void the manufacturer's warranty if something goes wrong to try to save a few pennies. Is it worth the risk? When you buy the Pentax grip, you know the manufacturer stands behind his products, but third party...

You know when you buy a Sigma or Tamron lenses that thes e companies will stand behind their products, but you can't say the same for all third party manufacturers.

Since I value my cameras, I won't take a chance on unknown material. I'll stick to the original.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Mongoose
Posted 12/11/2009 - 18:01 Link
pentaxian450 wrote:
I'm wondering why people pay a lot of money for a Pentax camera, then they try to fit third party accessories that will void the manufacturer's warranty if something goes wrong to try to save a few pennies. Is it worth the risk? When you buy the Pentax grip, you know the manufacturer stands behind his products, but third party...

You know when you buy a Sigma or Tamron lenses that thes e companies will stand behind their products, but you can't say the same for all third party manufacturers.

Since I value my cameras, I won't take a chance on unknown material. I'll stick to the original.

a valid position, thank you

I probably wont buy one since no one seems to have tried out the cheapy ones and the Pentax ones are so expensive as to be out of the question. ~£35-£50 I'll consider as a grip would be nice to have from time to time, but £100+ is lens money.
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help
nonur
Posted 21/12/2009 - 17:25 Link
Well, I recently bought one for my K20D through e-bay with an extra battery, very cheap compared to those expensive ones. It works quite well and even the shutter release on the side works well with a speck of a delay that's all. I am very happy with them so far. As it is so, I do not see any reason why I should spend so many dollars to get an original make.
Therefore I quite agree with you!
Regards,
Nezih

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.