Travel tripods - Anyone using the Benro A2180T

JohnX

Link Posted 25/10/2014 - 19:12
As title. Anyone using the Benro? Or any other recommendations please?

Just looking for something that's smaller and lighter than my Manfrotto 055.
Last Edited by JohnX on 25/10/2014 - 19:35

Magicman

Link Posted 25/10/2014 - 21:06
Yes, I have got Benro as a travel model which was bought 9 months ago on a trip overseas ( and only used a bit )

Model BENRO : A250FNOO includes a fixed ball head which I like the feel of.

Very light and comes with a nice carry bag , think it takes up to max 4 kilos . In fact might sell as looking to step up to bigger Tripod actually ?

I think you can buy new via Microglobe site for 60 plus delivery. Check their site for all information.

Would sell mine for less. PM me if you want to discuss OK

Cheers,
Patrick
Pentax : KP + K 5 iis : M 28 mm , M 50 mm , K 135 mm , DA F 100 mm , DA 12 - 24 mm DA 16 - 85 mm & DA 55- 300 mm .
Lumix : LX100

benwood08

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 12:58
Hi John, i have just been given the Manfrotto Beefree tripod (birthday present) and so far i have found it really good admittedly i am fairly new to SLR's and very new to using the tripod but pretty light and compact whilst giving a good range in heights.

JohnX

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 13:16
A belated thanks to Magicman, and a more timely thanks to benwood08 for your replies. I'm still not decided.

redbusa99

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 13:49
i have a "3 Legged Thing " VYV Punks which folds to 40cm, comes with bag, has 1 leg that can be converted to mono pod, the ball head works well, supported my K5 + Sigma 170-500 with no problem, , will go down to a height 11cm from ground, it has a ballast hook to hang extra weight on if needed for stability, all in all have found it very good, made from aircraft grade magnesium alloy weighing in at 984g
odd lens or 2

Flickr
Last Edited by redbusa99 on 05/12/2014 - 13:50

JohnX

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 14:44
redbusa99 wrote:
i have a "3 Legged Thing " VYV Punks which folds to 40cm, comes with bag, has 1 leg that can be converted to mono pod, the ball head works well, supported my K5 + Sigma 170-500 with no problem, , will go down to a height 11cm from ground, it has a ballast hook to hang extra weight on if needed for stability, all in all have found it very good, made from aircraft grade magnesium alloy weighing in at 984g

Thanks for this. Looks very good, but more than I would want to pay for something that is only going to get very occasional use.

Gwyn

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 17:02
My flat Benro worked just great on my California trip. Sat nicely in the bottom of my wheelie bag between the handles, which made packing a lot easier. Used it with the Bigma a couple of times, and with the Samyang 14mm a few times to attempt to get some stars.
Rock solid and easy to use. I already had a good head from my other tripod so that wasn't a problem.
The more expensive ones offer monopod options and carbon fibre, but this cheapo from SRS met all my needs, and will travel more often with me.
In fact I have used it a couple of times at home too, just because the head is still on it.
I am 5 ft 6 and it is tall enough that I don't need the centre column - in fact at it's full height (without the column) it is actually too tall for me. It can't go very low, because of it's design, but f you only extend one leg section it is pretty low.

StephenHampshire

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 17:38
Gwyn wrote:
My flat Benro worked just great on my California trip. Sat nicely in the bottom of my wheelie bag between the handles, which made packing a lot easier. Used it with the Bigma a couple of times, and with the Samyang 14mm a few times to attempt to get some stars.
Rock solid and easy to use. I already had a good head from my other tripod so that wasn't a problem.
The more expensive ones offer monopod options and carbon fibre, but this cheapo from SRS met all my needs, and will travel more often with me.
In fact I have used it a couple of times at home too, just because the head is still on it.
I am 5 ft 6 and it is tall enough that I don't need the centre column - in fact at it's full height (without the column) it is actually too tall for me. It can't go very low, because of it's design, but f you only extend one leg section it is pretty low.

Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but, like the OP, I am looking at a more lightweight tripod to take with me on night shoots...which Benro model are you describing here?? Thanks
Everything Changes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/

Gwyn

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 18:44
Stephen - the one in the title of the thread.

StephenHampshire

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 18:58
Gwyn wrote:
Stephen - the one in the title of the thread.

Yes, I realised this just after posting, felt a bit of a twit, but thanks for confirming!
Everything Changes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.