Tokina 19-35.
Posted 23/02/2009 - 20:07
Link
Hi, I spotted this at hilton photographic - looks to be new, but they may need calling for availability.
Brian.
Brian.
Posted 23/02/2009 - 20:48
Link
Hello isdky.
I never thought of Hilton! - Looked just about everywhere else, though.
There seem to be lots still available for Canon, Nikon and Sony - but nothing in Pentax. I have just sent an email to Hilton, asking if they have one in Pentax mount.
Thanks very much for your help.
I never thought of Hilton! - Looked just about everywhere else, though.
There seem to be lots still available for Canon, Nikon and Sony - but nothing in Pentax. I have just sent an email to Hilton, asking if they have one in Pentax mount.
Thanks very much for your help.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Posted 24/02/2009 - 17:14
Link
Hilton's told me today, that the lens is discontinued. They were very helpful and contacted the distributor, to confirm.
My only option is second hand, then.
Cheers.
My only option is second hand, then.
Cheers.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Posted 24/02/2009 - 17:22
Link
Do not give up hope, mowog! try searching on Amazon for
Tokina AF 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Super Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Pentax AF
I think Camera King have one, but I would phone their shop (£169.95)
Tokina AF 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Super Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Pentax AF
I think Camera King have one, but I would phone their shop (£169.95)
K20D and a substantial user manual to wade through
Posted 24/02/2009 - 23:12
Link
Thanks, Diatribe. Had already tried both of them. - Other fittings, yes. Pentax, No.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Posted 24/02/2009 - 23:21
Link
Have you tried here link
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 25/02/2009 - 13:37
Link
Are the Vivitar and Cosina versions the same? I have a Vivitar Series 1, they usually go for about £40 the auction website.
Posted 25/02/2009 - 14:11
Link
Ffordes (www.ffordes.com) have the Cosina badged version, Ex++ condition and boxed in Pentax fit for £99. Look under Pentax->A/F Lenses.
Joining the Q
Posted 25/02/2009 - 19:22
Link
Thank you, All.
I will investigate those leads further, tomorrow.
This lens was sold under many names, including Cosina, Vivitar, Phennix and even Voigtlander! The Tokina version is the one to have, apparently, because it has Tokina's own lens coatings and internal focusing. The others are all Cosina made, and the front element rotates when focusing. The build quality is supposedly a little better, too.
Thanks again for your efforts on my behalf.
I will investigate those leads further, tomorrow.
This lens was sold under many names, including Cosina, Vivitar, Phennix and even Voigtlander! The Tokina version is the one to have, apparently, because it has Tokina's own lens coatings and internal focusing. The others are all Cosina made, and the front element rotates when focusing. The build quality is supposedly a little better, too.
Thanks again for your efforts on my behalf.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Posted 26/02/2009 - 20:51
Link
I have it! ... I HAVE IT.! - I have my Plastic Fantastic!
Thanks to Chris, at SRS, who had one sitting, unsold for ages - So, I got it today, at a very good price too! It is in my clammy little hand, now.
Actually, It not very plasticky at all. - It seems to be made mostly of metal, with chunky tyre tread rubber focus and zoom rings. It is reassuringly heavy, and seems pretty well made - Certainly better built than a Sigma I recently looked at. I am delighted with it! - Can't wait for the weekend, when I can use it.
Thanks again to everyone who suggested suppliers, and especially to the nice people at SRS microsystems.
Thanks to Chris, at SRS, who had one sitting, unsold for ages - So, I got it today, at a very good price too! It is in my clammy little hand, now.
Actually, It not very plasticky at all. - It seems to be made mostly of metal, with chunky tyre tread rubber focus and zoom rings. It is reassuringly heavy, and seems pretty well made - Certainly better built than a Sigma I recently looked at. I am delighted with it! - Can't wait for the weekend, when I can use it.
Thanks again to everyone who suggested suppliers, and especially to the nice people at SRS microsystems.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


753 posts
18 years
London.
The so-called 'Plastic Fantastic' wide angle zoom. No longer available new, in Pentax mount.
Mowog.