Today's Walk
Posted 17/12/2023 - 20:01
Link
OldTaffy wrote:
I do like that walk in the woods, with the trees forming a tunnel or archway.
It's really good isn't it?
I do like that walk in the woods, with the trees forming a tunnel or archway.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Posted 18/12/2023 - 14:12
Link
Lack of motion from the train. It could be stationary just blowing out steam and smoke.
The other is not bad.
The other is not bad.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Posted 18/12/2023 - 16:22
Link
Methinks the woodland shot could do with a bit of cropping - too much dead space as it stands. Try removing the bottom 20% then a bit off the sides to balance it (sounds like what I say to the barber... ).
Can't comment on the train pic, it's not my sort of thing so best leave it to those who like locos.
Steve
Can't comment on the train pic, it's not my sort of thing so best leave it to those who like locos.
Steve
Posted 18/12/2023 - 19:43
Link
k5iis sigma 10-20 hsm tamron 17-50 pentax da 18-135 pentax A 50 f 1;1 7
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash
Posted 19/12/2023 - 00:57
Link

My take on it would be to crop in somewhat using the basic rule of thirds. I moved the whole image slightly to the left (a) to put a bit more bulk into the right hand side to balance the thick woodland on the left and (b) to move the figure off the center line, making a more dramatic statement. I haven't done it but a bit of denoise and sharpening might help with overall clarity. No fancy software needed - just Faststone Image Viewer, which is free.
Posted 19/12/2023 - 07:36
Link
Both nice shots - good to see proper constructive criticism too, this is what helps us think about our images from the perspective of others!
LennyBloke
Posted 20/12/2023 - 11:58
Link
I am a well known contrarian so I like both original pictures
The crops not so much
The train picture is fine but I find my eye dragged towards the building in the middle which is partially obscured by smoke.
What is it? and what's happening to it? if anything?
The crops not so much
The train picture is fine but I find my eye dragged towards the building in the middle which is partially obscured by smoke.
What is it? and what's happening to it? if anything?
Posted 20/12/2023 - 12:43
Link
roberrl wrote:
I am a well known contrarian so I like both original pictures
The crops not so much
The train picture is fine but I find my eye dragged towards the building in the middle which is partially obscured by smoke.
What is it? and what's happening to it? if anything?
The building in the background is part of west midland s safari park
I am a well known contrarian so I like both original pictures
The crops not so much
The train picture is fine but I find my eye dragged towards the building in the middle which is partially obscured by smoke.
What is it? and what's happening to it? if anything?
k5iis sigma 10-20 hsm tamron 17-50 pentax da 18-135 pentax A 50 f 1;1 7
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1498 posts
16 years
worcestershire
c&c welcome
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash