Today's (Calamitous) Walk.
Posted 28/09/2026 - 23:17
Link
Some 'snaps'. Especially the third one. Lovey work here.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Posted 29/09/2026 - 00:56
Link
Have I missed something? Why Calamitous?
Posted 29/09/2026 - 13:24
Link
davidwozhere wrote:
Have I missed something? Why Calamitous?
More than the fallen tree;Have I missed something? Why Calamitous?
My wife wandered off when I had my back turned taking a snap (no longer than a couple of mins), went missing for an hour, a member of the public found her just before I called the Police. Maybe too much info.
Posted 29/09/2026 - 16:27
Link
loadoftripe wrote:
My wife wandered off when I had my back turned taking a snap (no longer than a couple of mins), went missing for an hour, a member of the public found her just before I called the Police. Maybe too much info.
Oh dear. I do sympathise. A friend's wife went wandering during the night. He called the police. So did some people half a mile away who saw someone in night attire hanging around their car. Police turned up to both. A clever policeman at the station put 2 and 2 together and wife was returned to friend. That was when friend realised that there was something wrong with his wife. Life hasn't been the same for them since .davidwozhere wrote:
Have I missed something? Why Calamitous?
More than the fallen tree;Have I missed something? Why Calamitous?
My wife wandered off when I had my back turned taking a snap (no longer than a couple of mins), went missing for an hour, a member of the public found her just before I called the Police. Maybe too much info.
As for the photos, the last two suggest a lot of potential in that spot. I hope you can get back there with more time to try different angles and without the worry of constantly having to keep a close eye on your wife.
Steve
Posted 29/09/2026 - 19:36
Link
Oh Lord! Thank goodness that all worked out for the best.
Posted 29/09/2026 - 21:04
Link
So glad things worked out well in the end - like the photos too by the way
LennyBloke
Posted 29/09/2026 - 21:13
Link
It is not too much information, far from it.
My Mam will be 90 next February and still lives in her own house an it can be unnerving as it stands.
It has curtailed my out an about, for the last number of years and so be it.
I wish you both the best of health.
Fair play to you for being on watch.
My Mam will be 90 next February and still lives in her own house an it can be unnerving as it stands.
It has curtailed my out an about, for the last number of years and so be it.
I wish you both the best of health.
Fair play to you for being on watch.
Posted 01/10/2026 - 01:31
Link
We have two 90 odd year olds in our bowls club who live independently in their own houses (one still drives!). Both are of questionable mindsets and we worry ourselves daft over them despite the fact that we have no rights or influence over them!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1128 posts
6 years