Tiny Spider

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/07/2019 - 22:42
This tiny thing was little more than a mobile miniscule blob of jelly with legs. Photographing bugs wasn't in today's plan, but it appeared through the viewfinder from behind the tendril and I couldn't resist. About 2mm across, including its legs (checked with a ruler) . Difficult to focus on moving jelly, so fixed on the tiny black marks and hoped....

K3 + Irix 150mm + 1.4TC.

Comments etc. welcome, as usual.

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 25/07/2019 - 23:37
When it grows up it will be one of those whopping fat brutes that sits in the middle of a big web. It's an orb web spider of some sort. Good pictures of one so tiny.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

derek897

Link Posted 27/07/2019 - 08:03
davidwozhere wrote:
When it grows up it will be one of those whopping fat brutes that sits in the middle of a big web. It's an orb web spider of some sort. Good pictures of one so tiny.

What he said, + cracking shots
I know what i like, If not always why.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 27/07/2019 - 10:48
davidwozhere wrote:
When it grows up ...

It will probably be bird food well before then.

Thanks to both of you for your kind words about the pictures. Nice to know that some people appreciate them - my wife won't even look at a spider picture.

Steve

LennyBloke

Link Posted 27/07/2019 - 22:35
The first shot is much more of a complete photo (compared to the other shot) - composition, background and clear focus on the subject really make it! Keep at it Steve
LennyBloke

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 28/07/2019 - 00:05
Id have an awful lot of trouble seeing, let alone photographing one of these... gd stuff Steve... no.1 for me...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Lubbyman

Link Posted 28/07/2019 - 19:38
John, Bill - thanks for the comments. Interesting that you've both gone for the first. That's the one I would have on the wall (not that permission would ever be granted...). However, the second is what I'd choose for an illustration in a field guide or textbook. Different pictures for different purposes.

As for having trouble seeing something so small, I only noticed it because it moved!

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.